Priceline Hotel: HELP: Orlando Florida 1/23-1/27

sbgat711
By sbgat711,
in

Does the fact that Priceline lists only certain hotels in their "vacation packages" section mean that these would be the only ones available if I bid in the regular hotels section? For example there are only 22 hotel options for the dates 1/23-27/05 in orlando - would these be the only ones that I could get if I did not use the vacation package section but bid in the hotel section? Also, Wyndam Palace Resorts' website seems to suggest that they only have availability if I reserve 5 nights around that time - does this mean that if I am only bidding for 4 nights I will not get the Wyndham? Thanks for any insights - this site is fantastic! (I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place).

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not all hotels that participate in the Hotel Product participate in the Vacation Product, so the universe of hotels is actually larger than what you are seeing in the vacation package alone.

Where do you see that the hotel (Wyndham) requires a 5 nite stay? At the hotel's website or at an online site (such as Expedia)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I plug in 1/23/05 to 1/24/05 on wyndham's website it says there is no availability to meet my request but if I request 1/23/05-1/28/05 it brings up a webrate of $233. I'm not trying to avoid the Wyndham - just was curious as to what this means (if anything) for a priceline bid for four nights or less. Thanks for your help!

As a general question, this time of year seems to be very expensive for non-disney "resorts" in the disney area but is considered "value" season by disney resorts - why is this?

The hotel have, or expect, higher occupancy for all or some of these dates, and therefore requires a multi-nite stay. They could be 'near full' and if they sell those rooms for individual nites than they may have to turn away customers who want to be there for much longer stays (and bring in more revenue)... so they holdback these rooms only for those who are looking for extended stays.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]