Priceline Hotel: Need help - Atlanta 7/10-7/13

dreamgirl
By dreamgirl,
in

Usually I'm very successful bidding on PRICELINE, but over the past few days I've had a lot a trouble.

I'm only interested in 2 zones: Buckhead and Midtown. My max bid for any star level is $100. For Buckhead, I'm only willing to do 4*, but for Midtown I'm willing to do 3*, 3.5* or 4* (this is due to the hotels and locations available in each zone).

I originally started out with a 4* bid for Midtown, then added Buckhead, then added 3.5*. I maximized my number of re-bids and reached $70 with no success.

On my next attempt I started with 3.5* in Midtown and then added 3*, and went up to $85 with no success.

Does anyone have any other strategies I should try? Maybe change to a 2 day booking and use the "Add a Night" option?

Also, does anyone know if anything big is happening in Atlanta that weekend? I tried Googling but I didn't see anything that would cause the hotels to fill up.

TIA

You have plenty of re-bid zones available in this region.

Did you want to first try for a 4* up to your limit in either Buckhead or Midtown, then if rejected try up to your limit for a 3.5* in Midtown, then if rejected try for a 3* in Midtown up to your limit?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, does anyone know if anything big is happening in Atlanta that weekend? I tried Googling but I didn't see anything that would cause the hotels to fill up.

TIA

Yes, Americasmart is having a huge show during that time. The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market www.americasmart.com

The peak of the show is July 10-14. They have appx. 40,000-60,000 attendees.

You will have a hard time finding any downtown, midtown or buckhead hotels that weekend. I would try Perimeter or Marietta 3.5* or 4* hotels. The Marietta 3.5* and 4* hotels are located near Cumberland Mall (I-285 and I-75)...so it's not *really* Marietta. All of the 3.5* and 4* Perimeter hotels are nice and usually a good value.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]