Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Denver (Downtown) Sheraton

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

I've been trying to win a 4* in Downtown Denver for several days now but just wasn't willing to go as high as $70. Used this PRICELINE link and went up to $67 with no success. I then closed my browser, re-accessed Priceline, and began bidding for a 3.5* property. Started at $45 and received a message to up my bid by $13. Instead, I just started bidding at $1/$2 increments till I won the Sheraton Denver Hotel for $52. I was shocked because Betterbidding's hotel list has this property as a 3* but I checked it out and it seems fine. The location is excellent...close to the ballpark and other downtown activities and there's a heated outdoor pool so I'm very pleased with my win. Please update this hotel on your Downtown Denver list.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

also thanx for posting the information about the update for this hotel. We will update the Colorado Priceline Hotel List

Have a nice stay.

This quote is from the information at the top of the Colorado hotel list.

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change.

So if PRICELINE re-rates a hotel between two reports to the board is there nothing we can do. It's every bidders responsibility to know how PRICELINE works and what changes they can make.

Yellowdog.

Gosh...I'm not blaming anyone, Yellowdog. I'm aware of the risks involved and since someone had just posted a 3* Sheraton win in May it was just a big surprise to see it pop up as a 3.5* win for me. I am curious, however, as to what now makes this property a 3.5* versus a 3*. Would you know why PRICELINE upgraded this hotel?

The upgrade could be based upon any number of factors... another hotel in the zone being upgraded/downgraded and relative to that change this one deserved an upgrade, a renovation at the hotel, positive customer feedback, other booking agencies upgrading the property, etc, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This hotel is undergoing a MAJOR renovation. I dont' know how far along they are but it's been going on for about 6 months or so. This is most likely the reason for the upgrade. I walk by it almost everyday, well every weekday. The restaurant is closed and I don't know about the pool. Make sure to visit Colorado Cookie Co, one of my favorite places. It's below starbucks right across 16th street. The hotel has a separate exit to 16th street. I've been curious about the renovation maybe I'll wander in.

PS I'm sure yellowdog was just trying to be informative for the sake of other people reading the post.

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

I checked out the Denver Sheraton's renovation website and it appears that they are undergoing quite a transformation. Luckily, only the Club Lounge, and NOT the pool (whew!) will be closed. Hey, it may have been an unexpected surprise but how bad can a 3.5* property be? I'm sure it'll be great and I'll post an update when we return from our vacation.

I won a bid for this hotel and was out there last month and the hotel (Of which I was bumped from) is very nice. The renovations are not noticeable. Hotel is in a great location and looks great.

The hotel across from it (The Crown) is where I was bumped to and they have an excellent breakfast buffet. I ate there every morning during my trip.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Abn_Ranger06. I did read your report while doing my "homework" for my Denver hotel strategy. Of course, at that point I never imagined getting the Sheraton as I wasn't bidding on a 3*. Hubby and I even discussed your situation and wondered what we would do if the hotel was overbooked. We won't have a car and need to be in the downtown area, so going to the Four Points property wouldn't work for us at all. What would you have done had the Crown Plaza not been available?

I would have demanded they put me somewhere downtown and stood firm about it. I didn't have a car either.

I really didn't care where they put me or where I stayed! As long as it was downtown!

On a side note, there was a big church group convention at the hotel that weekend I was there. I found out from some of them that it was so nice that weekend that most decided to extend there stay. The weather was absolutely fabulous the weekend I was out there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]