NC Winston-Salem Crestwood Suites High Point

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

Stayed here the night of 6/11/09 for $34 (Hotwire).

Location is good. Easy to find and right near a Walmart and some fast food options. Free parking.

We had some weirdness upon check-in. We didn't arrive until around 9:30 pm and the outside doors to the lobby were locked (had to swipe your room key, which of course we didn't have yet). There was a phone outside that you are supposed to dial '0' to reach the front desk. Tried many times to no avail, both from that phone and by calling their regular number from my cell phone. Finally a man who had his room key to swipe went inside so we followed him in. We found out that the front office had closed at 9:00. We had to track down a lady in the hallway to check us in, and she told us that a storm had knocked their phone lines out. Obviously that is not the hotel's fault, and she was very polite. I just thought it was strange that the desk closes at 9:00.

This is obviously meant to be an extended-stay type hotel. The room was clean but small. Our room only had one bed and it was hard and only a full size. No pullouts or sofas either. I understand that's the risk you take when booking thru a discount site. Bathroom was a decent size and clean, shower was good. I did not have a need to use the kitchenette, but it looked as expected: fridge, small stove, microwave, sink, a few dishes in the cabinets.

Bottom line is that it was fine for one night and probably would have been fine if I were traveling alone, but with two of us traveling, we'd have been pretty uncomfortable in that small bed for any amount of time. Unless you're traveling alone, I'd suggest requesting quad occupancy through Hotwire if you think you're getting this hotel and maybe you'll get a room with two beds.

EDITED TO ADD: I almost forgot, our room was unlocked upon our arrival. I guess they forgot to lock it back with a key after cleaning it. We were tired and frustrated so we just locked our deadbolt and didn't tell anyone. Would have been bad if we hadn't noticed!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]