Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

ljbaustralia
By ljbaustralia,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately this property has not yet been identified... a guess would be the Marriott with a "missing" Near Beach icon, but no evidence of this and just a guess.

Since this is an extended stay you could see if this property appears for the first (or last) nite (or two) of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the one/two nite stay in order to "look behind the curtain"... if you're happy with the results purchase the balance of your stay, if, not make alternate plans for the remainder of your trip.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, just wondering if you can tell me if the Hilton Hawaiian Village and/or the Outrigger Reef are possibilities if I bid for Waikiki Beach area. I don't want either of these, my first choice is Outrigger Waikiki and then Sheraton Waikiki. Can you suggest a starting bid and do I select Resort or 4*? We are looking at 2/7/09 - 18/7/09. Many thanks.

Hi, have just successfully bid for Resort Waikiki Beach $100 and received Sheraton Waikiki 1st bid! Very pleased with the result but have a question I hope someone may be able to answer for me. Has anyone else been successful at this hotel and been able to get 2 double beds on arrival, as there are 4 of us and I don't know what we would do if we arrive and are told we can not get a room with 2 doubles. Also, did they charge you for the extra 2 people in the room? Any help would be appreciated.

Congrats on your success! :)

What are the dates of travel?

PRICELINE does not guarantee 2 beds; you are going to have to try and work that out with the hotel. Definitely call, be polite, and talk to them about the situation and see what they say. It may be an issue, as some hotels charge extra for 2 beds since they don't have as many rooms w/2 beds. There's no way to know for sure - it depends on the hotel, the dates and it can even depend on who you talk to.

They will not charge you extra for the other 2 people (in terms of extra person fees), but I wouldn't make it too obvious at check-in that you're a party of 4..

Any strategy for securing Outrigger Waikiki or Sheraton Waikiki would be greatly appreciated.

As noted above, you can't bid on a specific hotel (or few hotels)... if you're going to use PRICELINE you nee to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating you select (or higher)

As well, you mention above that you're looking for 2adults/2children and PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupancy, it's possible that you receive a room with only one bed and the hotel unable, or unwilling, to acommodate your request for a room with two. (or were you planning on taking the risk or booking 2 rooms)

Given the above, is PRICELINE an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll be staying in here July 8 - 13th and I called ahead and requested 2 double beds with no problems. However, I do believe that they do charge an extra person fee for the 3rd and 4th person if they are over the age of 17 (kids stay for free). So if don't want to pay the extra fee, I would not advise them that you have 4 adults in the room, just request two double beds and leave it at that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]