Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

Nat22
By Nat22,
in

Hello,

I will be back to Florida from July 9 to 15. I am looking for a condo or hotel with kitchenette, anywhere but the beach (not my purpose). some quiet place where I can sleep, park a car to explore the city and neighborhoods, maybe rest a bit at the pool.

I just found one 3* at $52/night, in Bush Garden area. Is it a nice place?

I can't copy the amenities, I have a problem since yesterday, when I click on "see all amenities", I get a blank window. Anyone can tell me why? It is very annoying. Is it a Hotwire or Firefox problem (I have no other issue)?

Anyway, there is breakfast included, no smoker rooms, fitness, swimming pool, business center, wireless internet.

Since it is in the "condo" section, I would expect a kitchen :) ..... But they say it is rated 4.5 in TA, from 60+ comments, the last one being May 2009. I find Embassy Suites that fits more or less (only rate 4)

As usual I will greatly appreciate your help. Do you have any advice to give me? would downtown be better for me?

Thanks a lot :)

I can't copy the amenities, I have a problem since yesterday, when I click on "see all amenities", I get a blank window. Anyone can tell me why? It is very annoying. Is it a HOTWIRE or Firefox problem (I have no other issue)?

No issue on this end... is this still a problem for you or has it corrected itself? Have you tried use IE instread to test? Is the window blank or do you get an error messages?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am back with everything working :) , and need a hotel on July 9 to 15.

Now I find a 2* in south Tampa for $38, with

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Also a 2.5* in St Petersburg at $33, with

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Since it is my first time there, could you give me some advice about what area is nice and quiet. I will rent a car, so transport is not a problem. I am not interested in the beach nor the airport but as usual, I would like a fridge and microwave, that I can see nowhere. Of course internet is mandatory. I will drive around in the whole area. Is it worth it to spend a bit more, but I have no idea what they offfer between $30 and 60!

Thank you very much, and especially Thereure :)

Since it is my first time there, could you give me some advice about what area is nice and quiet.
I don't know this area well enough to discuss things to do in the immediate area... perhaps somebody more familiar than i am will make some suggestions.
I would like a fridge and microwave, that I can see nowhere. Of course internet is mandatory.
The only way to guarantee a fridge and/or microwave is to purchase an offering with a Kitchenette icon, what if you receive a different hotel than we guess, and it doesn't have a fridge and/or microwave? I know free is better, but are you willing to pay for internet?

Since your plans seem flexible, and nothing in this area is showing up with a Kitchenette icon at price points similar to the above, is there a reason you're searching the Tampa area... are other nearby areas acceptable? What is the best rate you're able to find an acceptable property with a refrigerator and microwave thru conventional booking channels?

PS- please follow-up your Melbourne/cape Canaveral thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking around Tampa because I will land on and take off there. I want to explore Tampa, St Petersburg and the cities around.

Maybe I will have to go to "conventional" booking sites, that's what I feared, there is no kitchenette icon at all, as for internet, I can pay an extra, depending on the price of the room. In Nassau, it was impossible at the hotel, in Miami it was exorbitant, but I have found a "trick" thanks to TA.

I hope someone familiar with the area will give me some info about nice places. My purpose is to find a place where I would like to relocate. That's why I went to FLL, Sarasota (that I liked a lot and want to go back this trip), Ft Myers and Naples (loved it too) in my last trip.

I don't know Melbourne at all, it could be my next trip, I don't know when I will be able to realize my project, it's too far away for 5 days, but I can settle in St Petersbourg, or whatever close by.

Thanks a lot, anyway I will book my car on PRICELINE :)

deal0hotel (yes, it's a zere, not the letter 'o' of the alphabet) is not a hotel... it's a coupon code that you can use at Orbitz (please use this link) which gives you 10% off the hotel rate.

After you delect a hotel there will be a promotion box which you can enter this code, click 'apply', and it will recalcuate your room rate.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or Orbitz)

back to HOTWIRE, and I find a hotel at $50/night in Westshore, 3*.

The amenities are:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Kitchenette

What kind of neighborhood is it? Safe? Can it be Extended Stay?

Another question: going to Priceline (and hotwire too), I can see that the car rentals are much cheaper in St Petersburg? How to go from Tampa to St Pete? I am thinking about Miami -> FLL which is a piece of cake.

Thanks again :)

back to HOTWIRE, and I find a hotel at $50/night in Westshore, 3*.

The amenities are:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Kitchenette

Are you still seeing this on a current HOTWIRE search as i'm not seeing this when searching for your dated (7/9-7/15)
Another question: going to Priceline (and hotwire too), I can see that the car rentals are much cheaper in St Petersburg? How to go from Tampa to St Pete? I am thinking about Miami -> FLL which is a piece of cake.
i'm not sure what you're asking here... do you mean driving direction or do you mean Tampa to St Pete without a car?

I can't see the hotel anymore this morning :) It has been booked already? or can it reappear?

I was talking about going from Tampa airtport to St Petersburg airport WITHOUT a car (train, subway etc...), and renting one there. Any information?

Thanks

That offer is currently gone... but it could re-appear if the hotel offers more inventory at that rate (or at a rate lower than the hotel currently offered at this star level) OR if the hotel currently offered sells all their inventory or raises their price.

I don't know options from Tampa to St Pete, but if you bought a RT airline ticket, remember you'll have to go thru the same 'hassle' (as it likely will be) on the way back to the airport... how much of a difference are you seeing in the two rentals? Have you used the Car Rental Checker to look into a one-way rental from St. Pete back to Tampa so at least you won't have to repeat the process on the return... and if that is viable consider a one way rental from Tampa-->St Pete, then a new one way rental from St. Pete--> Tampa (although i question if any of these would ultimately be cost effective)

You are right, sometimes too much trouble is not worth the extra saving.

Anyway, this trip HOTWIRE has nothing in my prices (the one I found a week ago may be at $63 now. So i went through PRICELINE. Of course I don't have the amenities I wanted, that's the problem with them, but I have 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Tampa downtown (the problem is the parking at $18/day ouch!, I will have to find a trick or check the public transportation in Tampa), 3 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott Clearwater, then the last night with Orbitz at the la Quinta Inn Tampa bay airport, ALL AT $45 with breakfast included, and la Quinta has a free shuttle to/from airport!!! (- 10% with Orbitz, thanks again!)

More work for the car.

Congratulations on your success(es).

We'll use this thread to reflect your first two nites at the Hyatt Tampa, can you please start a NEW TOPIC for your Courtyard Clearwater thread so that win will also appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win(s) with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]