Priceline Hotel: 2* Austin (Northwest-Arboretum) Crestwood Suites Arboretum

duncan36
By duncan36,
in

I dipped in the well one too many times apparently. I was getting Candlewood Suites in the Arboretum for $27, this hotel is up to 2.5* standards IMO. Crestwood suites however is a sub 1* hotel that somehow got into the Priceline computers as 2*. I think the city is putting up homeless people in it, there was some strange and some insane characters around.(no joke) The hallway on the first floor absolutely stank the lights were out in the hall. My room absolutely stank and the chair in the room would go unclaimed if left beside a dumpster it was unbelievably filthy and smelly and infested with bugs. The only saving grace was there was no vermin in the bed and I didnt get infested with bed bugs for the one sleepless night I stayed there. When thats the only positive comment about a hotel thats scary. I was scheduled for several days but managed to get a refund from Priceline after some protestation, the hotel gave in without a fight apparently as the desk staff knows full well how horrible the hotel is.

So really as long as this hotel is in the Priceline computer at 2* no one should risk going for that star rating in the Arboretum. If you happen to get this hotel you should immediately call and demand Priceline take this hotel out of their computer at 2* and put it at 1*. Which is a shame because this area is a great place to get a bargain 2* hotel.

I've stayed at a lot of budget/bad motels and this was the absolute worst.

Sorry to hear about your experience at this property. Glad you were able to get a refund, as it certainly sounds like you encountered some serious issues at the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Even more shocking is this hotel is rated as 3* on Orbitz with almost all positive reviews. (obviously a whole lot of shilling going on.)

In fact all the booking sites have positive reviews of the place which is impossible. However the reviews on Google maps seem accurate as do the ones on Trip Advisor. That should warn people to absolutely not trust the reviews on the booking sites to make up their mind on what hotel to book at.

• 2 months later...

Crestwood Suites is still showing up as a 2* in Austin - Northwest. I just booked it on HOTWIRE and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor. It must be really bad. I have never seen so many consistent negative ratings and most complaining of bedbugs and other vermin. I can live with shabby or small, but not vermin infested. Plus there were the comments on shady characters. I called HOTWIRE and after a little negotiating upgraded to a 3.5*, the Crowne Planza, Austin North. About twice as expensive ($57) but worth it. Avoid 2* Austin Northwest until HOTWIRE gets it off their list. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's been around for a while with these issues.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]