Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho) Hilton Park Lane

abcd1120
By abcd1120,
in

I am hoping to get a 5* hotel in Mayfair/Soho London through Priceline. I started bidding at $125, and kept adding only 4* zones until no more were available. My final bid was $145, and it was rejected. Any suggestions? Should I start tomorrow at $148? This would be for a six night stay from 10/29 to 11/4. Is it possible that part of the problem might be that I am looking for six nights - I am not willing to split up the time between two hotels. Hotwire does have a 5* room at $172

Thanks for any insights.

Have you identified the 5* HOTWIRE hotle to make sure you're comparing apples-to-apples? (ie- that the HOTWIRE 5* is one that is also rated 5* via PRICELINE)

What is your maximum bid for a 5* hotel thru PRICELINE... is it $170?

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you would like help idenitfying the HOTWIRE property please include the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this offering.

Assuming your first step (before adding the Westminster area or lowering to 4*) is to try for a 5* in the Mayfair-Soho zone up to your limit...

At the 5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Mayfair-Soho...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I will try again in a few hours to rebid in the Mayfair/Soho zone when the 24 hour limit expires, utilizingthe suggested strategy.

I am concerned a bit about 4* properties - we prefer to have our room have an in-room safe, and it isn't clear that all 4* hotels in Mayfair/Soho offer these. Also, I have seen mixed Trip Advisor Reviews on some of the 4* hotels.

There apppear to be four 5* Hotwire properties available in Mayfair/Soho (price up to $176 from $172 yesterday). The amenities available are:

-guests have access to exercise equipment

-property offers at least one pool area

-property offers at least one restaurant on the premises

-access to business equipment and services

-guestrooms are equipped with high-speed internet access

-access to spa facility or spa services

There apppear to be four 5* Hotwire properties available in Mayfair/Soho...

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level per zone so i'm not sure how you're seeing four in this one zone.

Let us know how the PRICELINE bidding goes and then we'll take a look at the HOTWIRE property which is showing if necessary.

I started bidding today at $150 (through the better bidding PRICELINE link), and my bid was accepted at $165 for the 5* Mayfair/Soho "London Hilton on Park Lane". This hotel is listed at $262 on Priceline, and for $320 on the Hilton website. TripAdvisor reviews are basically good, with an occasional note that a room needs refurbishing and the elevators are problematic. So - hopefully all will be fine.

Thanks so much. Your assistance was much appreciated!

We stayed there from 5/24-5/28. The hotel is very good and at a very good location, just opp. to Hyde Park and Hyde Park Underground. We were 4(with 2 kids 1,5) and they gave 1 extra bed with no extra charge(I did call priceline to put a request). Marble Arch(Oxford Street), Harrods, Buckingham palace all are 15 minutes walk from the hotel. The restaurant is expensive. The lifts are very good and when you put in your floor number it tells which Lift to take(A,B,C,D).

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Yamu.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]