Priceline Hotel: 3* St Petersburg-Clearwater (Pete Beach-Treasure Island) Grand Plaza

The-Bartender
By The-Bartender,
in

Hello!

I have been utilizing these forums planning a weekend getaway to Clearwater Beach Fl from 6/19 to 6/21 and appreciate all of the valuable info everybody has contributed.

My question is if I am using name your own price on priceline specificlly for Clearwater Beach I see everything from a 1* up to a 3.5* listed as the star levels however the resort box is darkened (inactive) and the words "resorts available" are not listed next to the Clearwater Beach detail map under "choose Where You Want To Stay" (I have seen "resorts available" there before.)

Does this mean that no resorts at all are participating and are out of the question? I was hoping for the Tradewinds SP or IG. There are no 3* or 4* star resorts coming up on HOTWIRE for any less than $178 on the beachfront and the ones that do come up are not on Clearwater Beach.

Thank You!

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Yes, the 3.5* is the higer level for this zone. So no Resort bidding/participating for Clearwater Beach.

You have to use the St. Petersburg Beach/Treasure Island zone if you're after the Tradewinds hotel. Please take a look at boards Priceline Florida hotel list

Please post for further help.

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you so much for your reply yellowdog. I did realize later that I should have been checking in the St Pete beach/ Treasure Isalnd zone.

I have been struggling to find a good deal for this weekend and I realized it is probably because it is fathers day weekend plus the Florida kids are out of school.

FYI...I have been faithfully using your hotwire and PRICELINE links.

Since Sunday up till late Tuesday night I have been denied on priceline for the following... (arrive 6/19 check out 6/21)

$101 for 3.5* Treasure Island/St Pete beach

$101 for 3* Treasure Island/St Pete beach

$129 for 3* Clearwater beach

$131 for 3.5* Clearwater beach/ Treasure Island/St Pete beach

$119 for 3* Clearwater beach/ Treasure Island/St Pete beach

On Hotwire I see a 3* Treasure Island resort for $178 and a 3* St Pete Beach hotel (not resort) for $188 (based on your hotel list it is probably either

3* Bilmar Beach Resort

3* Grand Plaza Hotel Beachfront Resort

3* Sirata

3* Tradewinds Sandpiper

I won't bother you with the amenities to figure out exactly which hotel/resort they are because for that price I will book with Expedia or something and know what hotel I am getting.

At this point I may try for a 3* Clearwater beach/ Treasure Island/St Pete beach and bid about $150 and see what happens (I have to wait till about 1am est for my 24hrs to be up).

I will keep you posted (and I will use your links for bidding regardless of what site I end up using)

I took a look yesterday at the prices for your zones, and it's an expensive weekend. My guess is that the "end of schools" is haunting you here.

Yes, HOTWIRE is a bit expensive comparing to regular rates Ok, just post if you need any help. And thanx for using boards PRICELINE link for your bidding!

Yellowdog.

PS. Please check and use our links in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Well... here is what happened...

I explored the rebidding tool (awesome) and determined a strategy to rebid before the 24 hours wait.

I added Belleair as a zone (to my existing Clearwater beach/ Treasure Island/St Pete beach) because there is nothing above a 2.5* in that zone (I had 3.5* checked) and bid $145.

Denied

I then decided to lower my rating to 3* (hoping for Tradewinds SP) and bid $150.

Accepetd

at Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort (thats cool, I liked the looks of that property).

The Orbitz and hotel.com rate for there is $197 so I consider it a good deal.

I will post my winning bid on a new thread.

Thanks again for the guidance yellowdog!

This weekend is expensive because of the Fathers day and school is out so be prepared to pay above average prices. The advertised rates are a lot higher for this specific weekend and go down and are much lower over the next month.

bid history... using PRICELINE link from this forum

rejected bids... (in order)

3.5* st pete beach/Treasure Island $101

3* st pete beach/Treasure Island $101

3* clearwater beach $129

3.5* clearwater beach, st pete beach/Treasure Island $131

3* clearwater beach, st pete beach/Treasure Island $119

3.5* clearwater beach, st pete beach/Treasure Island, Belleair $145

Winning Bid (finally)

3* clearwater beach, st pete beach/Treasure Island, Belleair $150

Grand Plaza Hotel Beachfront Resort

Priceline Zone -

St. Pete Beach - Treasure Island

5250 Gulf Boulevard

St. Pete Beach, Florida 33706

727-360-1811

Check in June 19th after 4pm

check out June 21st before noon

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $150.00

Subtotal: $300.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $48.68

Total Charges*: $348.68

The lowest advertised rate is $197 for this property so I am very happy with this deal and want to thank all of the people who posted information and reviews to help me plan my weekend trip!

I will try and post a review of this property upon my return.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]