Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

chris61417
By chris61417,
in

I chose the LAX Airport Area and bid $50 on the 4 star category. I got rejected.

And since I was rejected I would have to wait 24hours to rebid again. So to get around that...

I just clicked "Santa Monica" area as well as the LAX Airport area, knowing full well that i wouldn't get anything for $50-$60 in Santa Monica

and I rebid with $55 and got a hit.

I then got the Sheraton Gateway... I'm pretty disappointed since I wanted the Renaissance =(

But, i'm still happy with this

fyi, I booked 3 nights. July 24-27, 2009.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $55.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $165.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $32.30 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $197.30 (USD)

can anyone tell me why my taxes and fees are soo high? isn't tax 8% only?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratualtions on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I don't know the tax rate in this area, but the $32.30 represents Taxes and Fees, which is a booking fee charged by PRICELINE, which usually amounts to ~$7/nite. (which would make your numbers inline with 8% + $7 per nite)

I'd also caution against adding "live" zones where you're 'sure' your bid price will be too low, this may be a good strategy when you don't have any other options (due to time before your arrival date or no re-bid zones), but we often see users add a zone figuring it's too low to win and then they're surprised by their acceptance. A better approach would be to use bonafide re-bid zones, which you have THREE of when bidding 4* in the Los Angeles area... see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have regarding this concept and/or confirm your three re-bid zones with the board to make sure you understand correctly. (if you're new to re-bidding, you're strongly encouraged to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before using them in the future)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]