Hotwire Hotel: WDW Resort 1/11/05-1/14/05

L1A7427
By L1A7427,
in

While looking on Hotwire I think I found the WDW Swan hotel for $219 a night for 1/11-14/05. The amenities are as follows:

4* Resort, Restaurants, Pools, Fitness, Spa, Golf, Tennis, Business center

Is this correct to your understanding?

And do you think the price will lower if I wait any longer to book?

Thanks!

It seems to match the Swan.

There is no telling if rates will go up or down between now and then. I know that this is a covetted resort in the area that many try to get, but unless this is some school break that i don't know about $219 sounds like a lot of money to me, especially when other <good> properties can often be had for 1/3 of the price.

No one can say whether the price will go up or down between now and then (a more likely scenario is that this hotel just isn't shown anymore on your Hotwire search), but with a hotel direct rate of $249 i don't think that the savings are that substantial (yes, it's almost $100 on a 3 nite stay which is indeed money... but it represents roughly 10% of the total cost).

That's my .02

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are your thoughts about the resort class hotels that have come up in the PRICELINE HOTELS list?

Unless i was trying for a specific property, that is probably the route i would be taking, with the understanding that the Wyndham is the most frequent property to appear. But admittedly, i haven't been to Disney or been in that frame of mind for many years (although i suspect that will change in 5 years or so :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just got back from the Wyndham at $62/nt + $10 resort fee

Was nice enough to me -- the extra $150/nt would buy your 3 disney tickets

and still have some change -- at some point you have to ask yourself just

how nice is that SWAN.

BTW, we utilized none of the Wyndam facilities -- but the room sure was nice and large enough.

Had a ceiling fan too - which was a nice touch.

Has bus service to all the resorts and it is a short walk, or very short drive

to Downtown Disney --

cheers,

m

Bidding for a resort in Orlando is great as you have 8 RE-BID ZONES available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read the previous link and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm which zones you believe are your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would proceed:

Select Resort and WDW area...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $95.

I have left out one re-bid opportunity out in case you aren't successful with the above and want to bid even higher (although i wouldn't recommend it at this point without first learning if there was a reason for higher rates).

Feel free to ask any questions and if not, how it goes.

I am sorry if I am being repetitive in asking this question... I did look to see if I could find the answer elsewhere but was not successful.

I looked up the PL resorts for orlando on their respective web sites to see what rates they had listed. I found that some of them were sold out for the dates I was interested in.

I also noticed that some of these same hotels were listed in Hotwire for those nights.

Do sites like hotwire and priceline buy out a bulk of dates before a hotel is completely out of rooms? I found this odd.

Thanks for your insight to the above

Of course no guarantees, but the 4* with Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Laundry does match what has been reported in the past for the Dolphin.

If you're a new customer don't forget about the current $10/nite bonus money.

I checked rates at the Swan for 1/11/05-1/14/05 and i did find availability. I had no problem pulling up rates, although they started at $249/nite.

So in your opinion if a hotel has availability it could be an option on PL or HW...

If a hotel is unavailable on their offical company website then there is no chance of getting a room there on PL? I think that would be correct considering what you stated above.

I would like to thank you for all of your help on this. Please send me a link to the site you prefer us to book on. I don't have the link.

I will let you know what the outcome is as soon as I am finished!!

If the hotel is sold-out the chances of a Priceline/Hotwire win decrease dramatically... although we have seen instances where hotels were received at hotels that appeared to be sold-out.

My guess is that these are probably 'errors in the system' where a Priceline/Hotwire rate is loaded into the system but inadvertently not pulled as the hotel begins to increase occupancy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one other crazy question. I was looking on hotwire for the dates of my stay and it appears to be coming up the Swan hotel. The only other hotel (that appears on your list) at the resort level which has availability is the Hilton in WDW. I know the Hilton also using Hotwire when selling off room stock. Why is this hotel not coming up on HW instead of Swan..when Swan is know to be a much more expensive room?

I know HW only lists one hotel for each level..but do they always list the most expensive or least?

I hope this is clear.

Thanks~!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]