Priceline Hotel: Maui - Hotel in Wailea

bmaz
By bmaz,
in

Hi! First time here. Maybe you can help me. I have been trying to bid on a Resort in Maui, specifically the Wailea-Makena area. We would be staying 2 or 3 days ( The third day is only for the DAY because our flight leaves that night, very late.) This is what I have done so far, with no success

Date of bid: Wed. 7/10

Place: Maui, HI

Area: Wailea/Makena

type: Resort

Date of check in: July 28

Check out: July 31

Bid: $107

Denied

Rebid 7/10

Place: Maui

Type:Resort

Check in: July 28

Check out: July 30 ( This is changed from bid #!)

$110

Denied

Bidding for Thursday 7/11

Bid #!

Type: Resort

Bid: $105

Result: Told to try again, change something

Bid #2

Type:Resort

Check out July 30 ( changed)

Bid: $110 ( changed)

Result: Try again, make a change

Bid #3

Place: maui

Kahului ( changed)

Check in: 7/28

Check out: 7/31

Bid: $115

Result: Try again now, change something.

What do I do? I only want to stay in this area for those days. ( We will have been in Lahaina and Hana areas already) If I add another area, I may end up back in Lahania.

I posted this elsewhere on this forum, I think in the wrong place, so I'll repost it here.

I am going to Maui for 12 days in July. We will be moving around a bit, staying in different areas. On our last 2 or 3 days, I want to stay in the Wailea/Makena area. I think the only 2 resorts they use are the Marriott and Maui Prince. This is how I bid in the last two days. Any suggestions to help my bid get accepted? I would like to not go over $150.

Date of bid: Wednesday 7/10

Check out: July31

Bid: $107

Resut: Denied

Rebid: Wednesday 7/10

Check out: July 30 ( this is a change)

Bid: $110

Result: Denied. Try again in 24 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------

Date of Bid: Thursday, July 11

Bid #1_

Bid: $105

Result: Denied -Try again, make a change.

Bid #2 July 11

Area: Waolea/Makena

Check out: July 30 ( this is a change)

Bid: $110

Result: Denied. Try again making a change.

Bid #3 July 11

Kahului ( this is a change)

Check out: July 31( this is a change from bid#2)

Bid: $115

Result: Try again, NOW. Change something.

I don't know what else I can change. I know I shouldn't use Lahaina, because there are resorts there. The only other area is Kihei (not sure if that is spelled right) I don't know if there are any resorts there. I know that some of the condo's have the word Resort in them, but I don't know if Priceline will recognize them as such. Any suggestions?

We will have already spent 7 days on Kaanapoli Beach, and 3 days in Hana, so I really want to stay at Wailea/Makena. In truth I'd like the Maui Prince.

According to Priceline, both Kihei and Kahului don't have resorts, so that gives you some more rebid options.

Maui Prince is $188 per night on Hotwire for your dates. Looks like your high bid is $115 so far, but you said your limit is $150 ? Might have to go higher than $115, it's a busy time on HI.

The two zones SAP_Pete refer to can currently be used as re-bid zones, but you should know how to check these yourself as they need to be checked/confirmed before starting every bidding cycle. You can learn about re-bidding here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions that you may havein this regard.

Is $150 your maximum bid price? (or 'all-in' including taxes and fees) Are you willing to bid up to your maximum bid at this time? With two re-bid zones and two different date combinations you could get up to your maximum bid while bidding systemactially (ensuring your dont' overbid) within 2 days... then you'll either have success or have a much better idea of where you stand, vs. making the same bid as the previous day (which obviously has a low chance of success given the previous day's rejection)

Let us know the above regarding your maximum bid and if you're willing to go up to that amount at the present time and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like $150 to be with all taxes included, but I realize it might not work out that way. I am ready to bid. SAP-Pete; How do you know the hotel on Hotwire is Maui Prince and not the Marriot? They seem to offer the same things, Right?

I would like $150 to be with all taxes included, but I realize it might not work out that way. I am ready to bid.
What is your maximum bid amount?
When I look on HOTWIRE, it only shows one hotel in Kuhului, 2* for $75. Where are the others?
Use "Maui" as your search city on HOTWIRE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With your two re-bid zones (feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure) i'd begin as follows:

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Every day ( after 24 hours) I place a bid I placed the previous day. It tells me I have already given them this bid and refuse to accept it. I am now up to my limit on bidding. I don't understand how people are getting bids the first time they bid? What gives?

You may be "re-setting" the 24 hour clock each time you submit a bid, even thought it's coming us as a duplicate bid.

I'd STOP bidding for 36 hours, then start fresh using the PRICELINE link here at BetterBidding.

Let us know what happens after you wait a full 36 hours from the last time you submitted a bid and received the "duplicate bid" message.

I'm ready to bid again. I received an email from priceline telling me how much my last bid was. I thought I could start over with my original bid, if I waited the period of time, for me 36 hours. I usually bid in the afternoon or night. Is this a bad time to bid, or does it matter?

Okay, I tried to bid again tonight and all of my bids were denied.

I started at about 9:30pm

Selected Resort Wailea

Bid $120 Rejected

Added Kahului

Bid $125; Rejected - Closed browser, used link to reopen

Select Resort Wailea

Added Kehei

Bid $130; Rejected

Added Kahului

Bid $135; Rejected

Also, I reviewed all the hotel options

Grand Wailea Resort Hotel and Spa $489 night

Maui Prince Resort $298

Fairmont Kea Lani maui $485

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort &spa $299

Any other suggestions? I can change my date to check out for July 31.

ha

My dates are 7/28 - 7/30. I could also change the dates to 7/31. I don't have a backup plan as of yet. I will probably go directly through a hotel, or use Hotwire, however I am a bit leery of their * baiting and switching, that I have read about. Or I might get a condo. I have time, yet. It's not a desperate situation, just a frustrating one! My bid is less than half because I see people getting rates even lower than this on their first bid.

Does it matter what time I do my bidding? Morning, noon, night, around midnight?

The time of date of your bid is not important... but the time of year is.

The wins at ~$115 you're refering to are all mid-June and earlier. Summer is high season in Hawaii, with higher hotel direct rates, which also usually means higher bid prices are necessary too. If you look at any wins reported in this zone from mid-June onward, you'll see theyare closer to the $150+ area.

Your maximum bid shouldn't simply be based upon the same price that others have won, since that may not be appliable to your own stay... you should find your best rate and a suitable hotel thru conventional means, and determine your maximum bid accordingly (some discount to this rate to account for the 'unknown' factor of PRICELINE)

I would like to continue bidding for the same area. The price of the Prince Maui has gone down to $198 a night on Expedia. I should think that my bid of up to $135 isn't too low anymore, at least for that hotel. Should I try bidding differently than my previous bid?

If you're going to use $135 as your maximum bid, you can try as follows:

Using your TWO re-bid zones...

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tried again starting at 7:21 p.m.

Bid #1

Resorts

Wailea-Makena

$110, rejected

Bid #2

Wailea-Makena

rebid zone Kehei

$120, rejected

Closed browser

Bid #3

Resorts

Wailea-Makena

rebid zone Kahului

$130, rejected

Bid #4

resorts

Wailea-Makena

rebid zone #1 Kehei

rebid zone #2 Kahului

$135 Rejected

THIS IS FRUSTRATING.! If Expedia has rooms at the Maui for $198, this shouldn't be too low. I also see someone got rooms in this area after my date in July for $100 night, so it can't be too early to bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]