Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hilton Garden Inn

bkcadavis
By bkcadavis,
in

I'm looking for a hotel for 5 adults and 3 children. I'm hoping to get two rooms and I'd love a suite hotel. Can I book those on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE? We would like 3 or 4 star.

And it doesn't have to be a suite but it you know of a way to get a suite I'd appreciate advice. I'd love the intercontinental and to actually stay on michigan ave if it was possible.

Thanks!

Kristen

Welcome to the site.

There's no "work-around" to get a Suite property on HOTWIRE; the service offers what it has available. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot available on these dates when searching for 2 rooms w/5 & 3; there is a 3* Mag Mile/Streeterville with fitness, business, pool, internet and restaurant for $79. With a 4/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page, this is likely the Hilton Garden Inn. While not as upscale as the Intercontinental, this would be a great deal for a well-located (subway station right there, a lot of restaurants in the surrounding River North neighborhood, easy walk to Michigan Ave.), quite well-reviewed 3*.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this is of interest.

What is yoru expected/target budget for this stay? (per nite before fees and taxes)

Also, please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still trying to work on my june 18 trip to Chicago. I've used your links to PRICELINE on here and I've been trying to use your re-bid strategy of adding zones that don't have a 4* hotel. I've rebid twice and it doesn't let me take any of those old areas off. Does that make sense? Do you have to add so many areas before it will let you take some off and keep trying to re-bid?

If this doesn't work theres the Hilton Garden Inn through HOTWIRE for 79.

Kristen

Congratulatiosn on your success!

I assume this was on HOTWIRE? (how high did you bid on PRICELINE?)

Also can you add a reply to this thread confirming that the dates are correct, as you originally listed as 6/18-6/20 but commented that this was a 3 nites win, and we'd like to make sure we have it correct in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad you were able to get the HGI, which is quite a nice HGI. The State/Grand subway stop is right outside the door of the hotel. There's also a Jewel Grocery across the street for cheap snacks, and plenty of restaurants nearby. Please ask if you have any city/hotel questions

• 4 weeks later...

We loved the HGI. We've stayed there before but never through hotwire. We stayed there June 18th and 19th. The hotel staff were excellent and very helpful. I called the front desk several times asking what bus/train I should take and they were always very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Thanks for all the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]