Hotwire Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Midtown) W Atlanta Midtown

IsleOfMan
By IsleOfMan,
in

Please help ID the following if at all possible... exact matches aren't coming up on the list. All are for the night of June 20, 2009

4* Midtown - $76 - Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center, Tennis, Spa (I think this may be The W Atlanta Midtown, but it's not been reported yet)

3.5* Midtown - $75 - Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center

3.5* Marietta - $48 - Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, High-Speed Internet

3* Buckhead - $50 - Restaurant, Business

3* North Atlanta - $56 - Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, High-Speed Internet, Laundry

I've checked against the list, wins calendar for the month before, during and after, and the first couple of pages of ID threads... no exact matches on the above. I'm guessing/hoping the 4* Midtown is the W Atlanta Midtown, formerly the Sheraton Colony Square. Please chime in on this one in particular, whether you think it's the W or not. Properties I'm considering and have confidently identified for that night are:

4* Intercontinental (Buckhead) - $102/night - Not sure it's worth 2x the price of others

4* Westin North (Perimiter) - $59/night - Outside contender, IMHO should probably still be 3.5*

3.5* Crowne Plaza Ravinia (Perimeter) - $49/night - Don't know much about this property

3.5* Westin Peachtree Plaza (Downtown) - $65/night - Sentimental favorite, excellent value

Background: My wife and I are celebrating my first Father's day as she is expecting Triplets. I have around $130 in HotDollars from a REALLY bad stay in Orlando back in May. If none of those at the top are identifiable then I'll probably fall back on the 3.5* Westin Peachtree Plaza... I don't mind spending most of my HotDollars, but the Westin Peachtree Plaza is a good deal and it's also where we got engaged (at The Sundial rotating restaurant at the top of the 76 story building). The only thing that I worry about is the ongoing construction/renovation of storm damage from last spring. The 4* Inter-Continental Buckhead is a great property, but I'm not sure it's worth 2x the Westin Peachtree Plaza, especially given the sentimental value. The Westin North Perimeter and Crowne Plaza Ravinia are both outlying contenders, but I'd need some strong reasoning from folks here to pick them over the Westin Peachtree Plaza. ANY insight on these properties (identified or unidentified) as for a combination celebration & date night are GREATLY appreciated. Location in Atlanta isn't the most important thing... we'll pick appropriate nearby restaurants for Dinner that night and Lunch the following day.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The Westin Peachtree Plaza went up from $49/night to $65/night when I logged in, and down to $63/night when I logged out and cleared my cookies. Doesn't really change my decision making process, though it does make me a little more likely to try the 4* midtown and hope for the W. I really hate the price changes based on cookie tracking...

I know it hasn't been long, but can anyone help? I'm hoping to book in the next couple of hours, especially since my primary choice has already jumped $14 - $16 (depending on what browser and whether or not I'm logged in) in the last 2 hours. Mainly, if any one is confident that the 4* Midtown is or is not the W Atlanta Midwotn, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm almost positive the 4* Midtown is the W. My friend just booked through HOTWIRE for the 4th of July weekend and he got the W.

The 3.5* Marietta is probably the Crowne Plaza Northwest - it's located at Powers Ferry and 285. I haven't stayed there and the location isn't as good as Midtown or Buckhead.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you do.

Booked the 4* Midtown - $76 - Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center, Tennis, Spa. Was indeed The W Atlanta Midtown. Anyone happen to know the parking rate? It's not listed anywhere on the property's website, though one tripadvisor review said $30/night :) Also, does anyone know if The W restricts use of special amenities (mainly The Acura Experience) on Hotwire stays?

Thanks!

Parking rate is $28/night, but I called the front desk manager and had them add my SPG number just so I could see the res in my SPG account... ended up getting a 1-bedroom/1.5-bathroom suite... that more than offsets the parking rate since the suite they gave me goes for $600/night if booked on the SPG website! I know status isn't normally recognized or supposed to be recognized for opaque bookings, but I'd suggest anyone with status try to add your account info ahead of time and hope for the best (but not be disappointed if it doesn't work).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]