Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho) Marriott Grosvenor Square

HarperMAF
By HarperMAF,
in

I think you should try reading up on the subject a bit more before bidding.

- Looking at the Hotwire/Priceline calendar for late August nobody has won the Marriott Grosvenor Square in that period. You're much more likely to end up at the Grosvenor House in Park Lane. If that is a problem for you then look elsewhere.

- Do a search for 5* London hotels and see what others have been getting. Go in just under that.

Research is key to success with Priceline. This is something you'll have to do yourself.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think the main point here is that you can't bid on a specific hotel... are you willing to acccept any 5* hotel (as determiend by PRICELINE) in this zone?

As far as how many bids... you can only bid once every 24 hours unless you're willing to change some aspect of your bid (other than the price), so you need to either:

-change check-in or check-out dates

-lower your star rating

-add a new zone

This last aspect is where re-bidding comes into play and you can read more about that here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

At the 5* level you will have FIVE such re-bid zones, please read the link above and confirm your re-bid zones with the board, or if you're confused by the information in that thread, post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Lastly, this is a good thread to read if you're new to the opaque providers: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Let us know any questions you have and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Offered $120/night... Priceline countered at $159/night. for 5* London (Mayfair-Soho). Should I accept?

You do know that your hotel may well not be the Marriott Grosvenor Square?

Its up to you to either accept or rebid. Most times you can get a hotel for somewhere between your bid price and the counter offer. Personally I'd reject it and go in again at $130 then 135, 140,etc.

Read the links you have been given for more details.

Was $120 your first bid?

If so you can proceed as follows to try and undercut the counter-offer:

Select 5* Mayfair-Soho and re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair-Soho and re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $154, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $157

Any questions feel free to ask. (especially if you'd like to confirm your re-bid zones)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link?

Feel free to ask questions regarding the above, and if you're knew to re-bidding, you're strongly encouraged to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

You rock!!! Ok, I now understand the PCLN loophole. I love to drive a truck through those... after bids of $130,134,136,139...the below was accepted, and at the hotel that I wanted. Thanks to y'all for the great research and data!!!

Cheers!!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$143.00

Subtotal: US$429.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$78.30

Total Charges: US$507.30

The Grosvernor would have been $330/night for the cheapest room. I paid $169, a 49% discount. Verry nice! Thanks again!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you have the re-bidding concept down... it opens up a whole new world of bidding!

Nice to see you got a great deal at this property and you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]