Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers

faraway
By faraway,
in

Hello,

I would like to share my winning bid info and to thank the forum owner(s) and contributors for such a great source of information and help.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $110.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $330.00

Taxes and Fees: $70.26

Total Room Cost: $400.26

I would also be happy to hear your recommendations regarding the following:

1. A descent shuttle/car service from JFK to the hotel and back for 2 adults, one 2 years old baby, 4 large suitcases, a stroller and a safety chair.

2. Should I call/e-mail the hotel, particularly to let them know about the baby?

Thank you very much!

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

With your luggage and child in two i assume the AirTrain would be too difficult to navigate, but do you need a car service? Taxis offer a flat rate from JFK to Manhattan of $55 and a car service would cost more than that. To go the taxi route you'll have to wait on the taxi line when you depart the airport, but it generally goes pretty quick. As well, if you don't think your luggage would fit in a 'standard' taxi (although their trunks are quite large) you'll simply wait for the next minivan-type taxi, for which there won't be an additional charge. If you order a car service the standard rate will be more, and if you request a mininan/SUV, there will be an additional surcharge.

For the baby, do you need a crib/pak-n-play or will s/he sleep in a bed?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for reply.

Our plan is to fly to JFK, rent the car there, go upstate, then go back to JFK or LGA which is closer to Manhattan, return the car and go to the hotel. It would be wiser to return the car on Manhattan but on Saturday they open until 14:30 only. Now the only option left as I see it is to give the car back at LGA and then take a ride to the hotel from there. And finally we fly back from JFK.

I came across some shared shuttle services where you can buy a round trip ticket for $19 per person older than 3 years old. However they do not mention anything about the luggage and we have some :). I tend to think that taxi is the most convenient here especially when going from LGA.

Regarding the baby. She sure can sleep on the bed with us, but a baby cot would be preferable. Could it also help us to get a bigger room by any chance?

You can call (or email if you're overseas) the hotel and ask for a crib in the room (if they do ask, they wont', say she's under 2 years old for at least this should eliminate any issue regarding double/triple occupancy)

So if i'm understanding corretly upon landing you're going to rent a car and drive straight to upstate NY? LGA is closer to Manhattan than JFK, but returning the rental to LGA will likely cost you more than returning to JFK (as it may be treated as a one-way rental instead of RT) If so returning to JFK will be do-able but for convenience sake i would drop one spouse and the baby at the hotel (along with the luggage), then have one person return the rental car and commute back to the hotel (if traveling solo from JFK can take the shuttle, AirTrain, or taxi (expensive for one person)... if from LGA can take bus to subway OR shuttle (i think $13 to midtown).

Hope the above is clear but if not feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]