Hotwire Hotel: Need help identifying 3* hotel in West Loop - Medical District - UIC

Tamaire
By Tamaire,
in

Stars: 3

Dates: check-in 6/12, check-out 6/14

Price: $149

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

This is for my father, who likes to wait until the last minute to plan trips... :)

Thanks so much for any and all help. :)

- Tamaire

Welcome to the site. :)

Unfortunately, this listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Is this a trip to come see the sights? This is definitely not in an area convenient for tourists, and not an area I'd recommend staying in unless one had to be in that area for a particular reason. I'm seeing a 3.5* Loop for a similar price, which I'd much rather recommend if recommending an area to stay in the city.

You could also attempt to bid on PRICELINE; while that will also be pricey for these dates, you could possibly at least get something in one of the main two downtown areas (River North/NMA or Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) for less or get a possibly get a nicer hotel in one of the two downtown areas for a similar price to the 3* of note on HOTWIRE. If you would like tips for PRICELINE, please let us know. Again though, I wouldn't recommend staying in the West Loop - Medical District - UIC area unless one specifically needed to stay in that area.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

I think the reason you are getting different results than I am is the fact that I forgot to mention something...

I'm looking to book three rooms with one person per room. (It's a business trip, but they want to so some sightseeing while they're there.)

I think that fact makes my task much more difficult...

I'll definitely give PRICELINE a try, though I've never used it before and wouldn't mind a few tips...

Oh, and I will of course use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links through this site. :)

- Tamaire

Is the business (meeting and such) in this zone and that makes this the most convenient for their needs... or would it be better to stay in the more 'touristy' areas closer to where the average visitors stays when in Chicago?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Touristy would be preferred (Loop or Magnificent Mile), but the listing I posted was the closest I could find to those areas. Everything else was near the airport...

Again, thanks so much for your help. I really, really appreciate it. :)

- Tamaire

Yeah, something is going on that Saturday nite making these dates difficult... availability and prices are fine on Friday nite, but rates really just on Saturday. Would SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID be an option? (can get a 4* hotel for ~$115/nite on Friday and then would have to change hotels where a 4* hotel would be ~$225)

If so we'll explain further, if not we'll look further.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, my dad told me about the Chicago Blues Festival, which is apparently a pretty major event. They just didn't know about it when they booked their flights...

I guess he found another (overpriced and inconveniently-located) hotel and booked that. It doesn't seem like he's too interested in making any more changes. Poor guy seems pretty much ready to be done with the whole thing. Oh, well. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute, I suppose.

Thanks so much for you time and help, though, AaronJB & thereuare. Sorry this didn't really work out for any of us. :)

(If it helps, though, I made another post on the Nevada Hotwire board for a couple of Vegas hotels, and seeing as how it's my trip this time, I'll definitely get it together and be booking through you guys.)

Again, sorry & thanks much.

Best,

Tamaire

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]