PA Scranton-Poconos The Inn at Nichols Village Scranton

johnbowling
By johnbowling,
in

The hotel is about 1/4 mile from I-81, three miles north of Scranton. Which part of this hotel you stay in makes all the difference. We got a newly redone room in the partially renovated building of the 2 1/2 buildings they have finished out of six. They were still laying carpet in the hallway. In spite of my having forgotten to call ahead to request a room with two beds, the girl at the front desk managed to come up with one that not only had two beds, but had been freshly renovated. There were two queen-sized beds with down comforters. Everything in the large room was brand spanking new including pretty carpet and furniture, nice lamps, new tile in the bath, and a High Def TV, although the Weather Channel, alias The Commercial Channel, was not listed among the only 25 channels listed in the directory.

Wireless Internet access is free and works at a reasonable speed. You can have a free, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at the front desk between 3pm and 5pm. Breakfast is free between 6am and 10am, but I have not yet tried it. There was an indoor pool just down the hall from us. We were in the back away from the highway and all was quiet. There's a nice grocery store across the street and the area seems okay.

This looks like a nice hotel that got old and is now slowly being brought back to being a pretty nice place. There are walkways everywhere and plantings along the way. I have read less favorable reviews of the unrenovated buildings, but for us in the new part, it was a great deal for $55.

EDIT: The breakfast buffet was as nice as any I've seen, every employee I ran into was really friendly (where am I?), the grounds are even prettier than I'd realized yesterday upon check-in and the beds are very comfortable. Also, the Weather Channel (The Commercial Channel) is available; just not on the list in their desktop book.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]