Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Capitol Hill) Capital Hilton

weisla
By weisla,
in

1001 16th Street NW, Washington, DC

Hotwire Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

I am kind of disappointed as I was hoping this would be the Willard (they have the same amenities).

This Hilton is scheduled to undergo a major renovation beginning in August, and from what I've read in reviews elsewhere its looking kind of tired at this point. I'll post my impressions after my stay.

I am kind of disappointed as I was hoping this would be the Willard (they have the same amenities).

The Willard was last reported to the board at the 4.5* level, so unless it's been downgraded, that would have been a tip-off that this was not likely the hotel you were being offered. Also, searching HOTWIRE for your dates the current offering (matching the details above) also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 which is not consistent with the InterContinetnal Willard. Try to use all the tools/clues that HOTWIRE gives when trying to ID hotels, and feel free to ask the board for help and/or confirm what you believe you're about to purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I actually stayed at the Capital Hilton that was booked through Hotwire. When I booked it, it was identified as a 4 star hotel, but when I got there and got in the room, it was horrible. I immediately called Hotwire to complain and they offered to change the hotel for me. I use Hotwire alot and am a preferred member, so I am not sure if they would do this for everyone. I also complained to the hotel. Rooms are filthy, and outdated. There were material boards up that indicated they were going to remodel, but I am not sure when.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]