Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (San Mateo) Marriott SFO Airport

McMick
By McMick,
in

When I visit San Francisco, I usually stay around Union Square and use public transportation. But with this visit, I'm driving all over the Bay Area "scouting" for venues and sites for an upcoming art & architecture tour. So I didn't want the hassle and expense of parking in the city. Of course, 4-star room rates are usually more reasonable outside the city too.

My first bid was for $45, 4*, SFO Airport: rejected

Added South San Francisco (no 4* properties there,) 4*, increased to $50: rejected

Added San Mateo, 4*, kept it at $50: rejected

Added Marina-Lombard St (no 4* properties there,) 4*, increased to $55: accepted!

On the Marriott web site, this room is going for $219/night.

Subtotal $220.00. Taxes/fees: $42.76. Grand total: $262.76.

Of course, I used the PRICELINE link on the BetterBidding web site!

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you thought out your options on this one and considered the total costs, including parking, in determining where to stay.

Looks like you got an EXCELLENT deal and some very nice savings vs. a conventionally booked room for these dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and good luck finding a venue for the art tour.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]