MA Boston Colonnade Hotel Back Bay Copley

ambulancechaser
By ambulancechaser,
in

My family and I stayed at the Colonnade after winning a bid on PL. We paid $120 per night per room. Frankly, it was too much. Although it was really tough getting a hotel room for less in Back Bay and the hotel wasn't actually bad, we felt that we paid too much for the hotel considering that we also stayed at the Marriott Copley Sq. during the same trip for $10 more. The hotel hallways were dark and the rooms a bit worn despite the renovation we had heard about. There weren't enough electrical outlets if you needed to do some work on a laptop or recharge a cell phone. We had two rooms apart from each other and from each room we heard quite a bit of outside noise (water running through the pipes all night, the rattle of doors, and other hotel guests). The most annoying part was that the windows were poorly insulated so the street noise was quite loud.

On the plus side, the fitness room was nice, the location was perfect, and the staff seemed quite friendly and helpful. The thick cotton robes and rubber duckie were a nice tough. It wasn't a bad hotel at all, but the Marriott was much nicer for only $10 more.

• 5 months later...

Just stayed at the Colonnade on 3/11/05. Overall I was pleased with the location (cannot be beat - right near the Prudential and Copley Malls). I was there during the day so stopped in very early on that day and asked if they could take my bags - no issues with that. Ended up back at the hotel at 5 that afternoon. Got a room on the 6th floor. Very clean - great shower pressure and thought the room was fine for $100 we paid through priceline. We had stayed the night before at the Sheraton and that was $100 also. I thought the overall look was nicer at the Sheraton but the extra touches were better at the Colonnade. Would have no issues if ended up with this hotel again!!

• 3 months later...

Recently returned from a 3 night stay at this Copley/Back Bay Hotel and we were very pleasantly surprised with the Collonade. This is a quiet, older hotel in a good location directly across from the Prudential Centre.

On arrival, we requested a non smoking room and were given a large corner room on the 8th floor. No mention of Priceline simply a reference to the room being prepaid. The desk clerk was very helpful as were all the staff with whom we had dealings and the concierge and doormen were especially nice when we needed directions and maps and always greeted us with a "Welcome Back" when we returned to the hotel.

Our room was large, attractive and obviously recently refurbished. However there was no overhead light and only 2 lamps in the room making it difficult to read or write during the evening.There was also no coffee maker. The bathroom was adequate but a bit worn and in need of an update .Both room and bathroom were very clean and fresh

We checked out the roof top pool, lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas and it's possible to have breakfast/lunch or snacks poolside.The main floor restaurant looked OK but we didn't try it out and preferred to walk over to the Prudentail Centre for Breakfast

In spite of our room lacking a few amenities, we really enjoyed our stay here and appreciated the warmth of the Staff.

• 6 months later...

The hotel location is great, right next to the Marriott and across from the Prudential Center and close to the highways.

However, the rooms were not that great. The shower head they use is like a firehose with just one opening where the water shoots out. The sound also sounded something like a fire hose where it was so loud I was lucky to be able to think as I took a shower.

As for the rest of the room it was comfortable, quite, and nice. The TV, though I did not use it much, was about 20-24 inches, which I thought was a bit small. Then again, it is only an oddity for me not to see a bigger tv in a hotel, but since I did not use it much it was not a bother.

Besides that the hotel clerks were nice and the bistro (Bistro Joe) was a good place to eat. Beyond that parking is $36/night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]