Priceline Hotel: Need bidding help for Downtown Detroit

SuperAgroCraig
By SuperAgroCraig,
in

Hello, I am new to this bidding stuff and am having trouble getting anything in Downtown Detroit for 6/23. I am starting to think that the majority of hotels are booked for some reason because I have made some pretty high bids (120 for 4*; 100 for 3.5*)

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips on how to succeed at this. My main priority is that the hotel is in the Downtown area because I need something within reasonable walking/stumbling/taxi-ride distance from Comerica park!

Craig

There is a Cub vs. Tigers game on June 23rd, not sure if that's enough to sell-out downtown hotels, but given the Chicago to Detroit proximity, and the diehard Chicago fans, it's certainly possible.

HOTWIRE shows no avaialble hotels in this zone so a PRICELINE win, at the moment, may be difficult.

Not sure of your maximum budget, but the Atheneum is available HERE and thru Expedia for $199/nite and cancellable up until 4pm the day before arival without penalty (always doublecheck cancellations terms yourself during the checkout process) which would allow yout o continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for any last minute availability as hotels receive cancellations from guests whose plans have fallen thru.

Other than this, the only hotels i'm seeing avaialability at are low rated (1* and 2*), budget oriented, properties.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]