Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Hyatt Regency

rumboj
By rumboj,
in

I spent a lot of time trying to get a hotel for this night in DC (leaving the next morning on a flight out of DCA). I previously reported getting the Marriott Metro Center for 7/23-7/25 for $60 but when I tried to get this final night, not even a bid of $80 got me any hotel in any of the acceptable areas. I finally gave up and went with the Crystal City location. I am still very pleased about the rate and the hotel. The lowest regular rate I could find on any site for this property is $169 plus tax. Does anyone know if there is anything going on in DC around 7/27 that could account for the sudden increase in rates?

Of course, I used the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you're happy with the results and this property works well for your needs. Not sure what's going on in DC, but DC seems to be busy with conventions (and probably political events, I'd guess) quite often - DC hotels can be reasonable one day and outrageous the next.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...
I spent a lot of time trying to get a hotel for this night in DC (leaving the next morning on a flight out of DCA). I previously reported getting the Marriott Metro Center for 7/23-7/25 for $60 but when I tried to get this final night, not even a bid of $80 got me any hotel in any of the acceptable areas. I finally gave up and went with the Crystal City location. I am still very pleased about the rate and the hotel. The lowest regular rate I could find on any site for this property is $169 plus tax. Does anyone know if there is anything going on in DC around 7/27 that could account for the sudden increase in rates?

Of course, I used the PRICELINE link.

Yes, I heard there is going to be a huge real estate investment group coming from China to visit DC and may be invest on real estate. Not sure if there are also other groups coming from other area also coming to DC for travel and investment during the time frame.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]