Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Antonio (Northeast) Drury Inn Northeast

Ram_
By Ram_,
in

I noticed on Hotwire that I get different hotel results depending on what I put. I usually just put 4 adults, so that I know I get 2 beds for my family, but I was curious what I might expect to get when I put 2 adults and 2 children instead? I'm guessing I get different hotels because of the number of beds that will be in the room, but would I not get 2 beds with 2 adults and 2 children?

Ram

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and i'll comment on your post above.

Thanks!

We stayed at the MGM Signature for about $99/night using a luxury suites international. It was a good deal at the time, but I do not recommend them. Not very helpful and the room stunk, literally. I'm staying with Hotwire and Priceline from now on. I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Also, if you were curious, I was looking at staying in San Antonio May 24th - 25th, 3*. If you do 2 adults, 2 children, you get an option for a hotel in NorthEast San Antonio - Selma, which I think might be the Drury Inn. If you put 4 adults, the option is not there. I have to run up there for work on Sunday (from Houston), and since it is a holiday I was thinking of getting a hotel and taking the family. I was looking for anywhere between the airport and East San Antonio with a complimentary breakfast. If it is the Drury Inn, reviews say they have a nice hot breakfast. I was just wondering what the hotel might consider giving me as far as beds, considering it doesn't even show up if I put 4 adults.

We stayed at the MGM Signature for about $99/night using a luxury suites international.

Nobody reading your Hotwire Las Vegas thread will know to look here to see what you did for that stay... please add a reply to that thread, then bump this one and we'll respond to your post above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE guarantees "sleeping accomodations" for everyone you include on your search. When searching for quadl occupancy, this often means 2 beds in the room, but it could be one bed and a sofabed, one bed and a rollaway bed, etc.

What are the full details (dates, zone, star rating, etc) of the stay you're searching for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry to jump in on this thereuare but it is true the results are far more favourable with two adults two children, knowing full well you are probably going to get a double room, is it a worthwhile gamble and could the hotel be awkward about it? my kids are teens but one is 19 and in this situation on a budget is it worth it.

...but it is true the results are far more favourable with two adults two children, knowing full well you are probably going to get a double room, is it a worthwhile gamble and could the hotel be awkward about it?

What do you mean by "more favorable"... a better hotel, better pricing, different results, better room, etc?

Is what you really want to know is if you'll be ok searching for 2adults/2children when one child is actually 19 years old?

Honestly yes! as i see it hotels charge per room, if i search for 3 adults and one child the price increases and the choice decreases if your going to use one room you are going to use one room and the age of the child becomes academic, this is an observation thereuare and not an argument.

Some hotels charge for more than adult double occupancy but extra kids in the room can stay at no additional charge... other hotels charge for any occupancy more than two. No need to have a discussion here, but just so you understand the hotel's perspective, there are probably studies that show that 'adults' cost more to have in-house than 'children'... it doesn't just come down to how many people in the room, there is water usage, electricity, wear and tear on the room and its furnishings, laundering and replacement of towels, etc, etc.

It's a minimal risk, imo, and one which i would be comfortable taking, as i doubt the average hotel front desk clerk would "call you out" asking how old your kids are... but to play it safe i would just have your children sitting in the lobby or wondering elsewhere in the hotel while you go to check-in.

We did end up reserving it and it was 2 double beds. I was just concerned because we are actually 2 adults, and 3 children, 15, 6, and 2, and I really need to make sure we had 2 beds.

FYI (I'll also post in the appropriate forum)

Hotwire - 3-star hotel in San Antonio Northeast - Selma

Drury Inn & Suites Northeast

May 24th-25th $69

Smoke Free Rooms

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Pool Business Center

The rooms were a little small, so maybe that is why they felt 4 adults would not want the room, but they did not save money with me and my kids there. We had free popcorn and sodas all day. 3 free alcholic drinks per adult and all you can eat nachos, chips and dips in the evening for a couple of hours, and free hot breakfast in the morning. This place had great value! My only complaint was the pool was actually at a hotel next door, but it wasn't a huge hassle.

May 24th-25th $69

2 adults, 2 children

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Pool Business Center

This place had great value! We had free popcorn and sodas all day. 3 free alcholic drinks per adult and all you can eat nachos, chips and dips in the evening for a couple of hours, and free hot breakfast in the morning. My only complaint was the pool was actually at a hotel next door, but it wasn't a huge hassle.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]