Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

sabina
By sabina,
in

First bid at 49 was not accepted, so my options were either to wait 24 hours or to rebid instantly at $64 or to change zone.

So I created a new account under my husband's name (keeping the same credit card info) and bid at $59 and it was accepted.

Very pleased :)

Not so much after I found out that the parking is $48 per 24 hr day, CRAZY!@!!!!! Almost as much as the hotel!

Does anybody who's been there know of better deals, the cheapest parking garage i found was at the Illinois center for $35 (without in and out privilege)

I live in San Francisco, which is a pretty expensive city, and parking rates here not that expensive!

Anyway thank you betterbidding! your postings and tips helped me winning the bid pretty easily!

Good morning. :)

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're happy with your purchase. As for Chicago parking, it's that way at nearly every hotel and parking lot. I wouldn't recommend driving in Chicago, as it's not necessary if you're just staying around downtown. However, the Millennium Park garage is just a few blocks South of your hotel and that would be another option ($30 last I checked, but knowing the city of Chicago, it may have gone up since.) Again though, if you are renting a car just to stay downtown, I'd recommend against that - a car is only a costly hassle in the city.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

What are the dates of travel? (so the thread title can be edited and this thread can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins)

Enjoy your stay.

Chech in June 5

check out June 6

Also I called the hotel to request 2 double beds instead of 1 king, one fridge in the room, a baby crib and a room with a view. All that at no extra charge, I guess when the hotel is not full they are more flexible. I thought that was pretty sweet!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]