Priceline Hotel: 2* Northern Virginia (Dulles IAD) Fairfield Inn

tvstay
By tvstay,
in

I am looking for 2 rooms in the DC area (DC, VA, or MD) for October 26-29. I started at $48 for 3* with some of the MD areas that had been listed here, but I think I added too many areas as I rebid the next few times. I ended my bid at $60 but still no hotels accepted. Any guidance would be much appreciated. I can't find anything on Hotwire for a 3* under $110 and nothing for a 2.5* under $96.

I have seen that there have been bids won in this range posted here, but maybe I need to bump my bids up more?

Thanks!

Thanks,

I started out with Greenbelt and Bethesda and added Arlington Pentagon, Arlington Mt. Vernon on the next bid, and then on the next bid, I added all locations. I think that is where I should have been more patient and added more locations more slowly.

I sure appreciate the forums! I have been using HW and PL for years and I have learned a bunch at your site that will definately help my future bookings.

I would try this (if any of the zones below are not acceptable please don't bid yet and first let us know which one(s) you would rather not bid):

Select 3* Capitol Hill and....

Bid $44, if rejected add Georgetown and...

Bid $48, if rejected add Crystal City and...

Bid $51, if rejected add White House/Downtown and...

Bid $55, if rejected add Arlington and...

Bid $58, if rejected add Convention Center and...

Bid $60.

I stopped at $60 since that was your top bid in your prior post and i didn't know if you wanted to bid higher than that, but this is a good start.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates look high for your dates. Hyatt Capital Hill is $319! The Wyndham in the Georgetown/Foggy Bottom zone is sold out.

If it were me, I would bid 2.5* and not 3*, as all the 2.5*'s that have come up in these zones are good, and that way you'd cover more ground. You'd be shooting for both 2.5* and 3* this way. Either that, or start a new 2.5* bid after 3* fails. Also, with the Wyndham being sold out, I would substitute Dupont/Woodley Park for Georgetown.

Thanks so much for your time and your response. That was very kind.

I went to the Savingbarn site, and I went through the DC areas as suggested at the prices suggested for a 3*. I then repeated it for a 2.5*, even going up to $65 at the end.

I then tried the Maryland suburbs in the same process. No luck.

I then tried the Northern Virginia suburbs and no luck at both 3* and 2.5*. After looking at the hotels with a 2* rating in No. VA, I decided they appear acceptable, so I bid $58 for a 2* and was finally accepted.

Here are the details.

Check-In Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Check-Out Date: Friday, October 29, 2004

Hotel Name: Fairfield Dulles Airport Sterling

23000 Indian Creek Boulevard

Sterling, Virginia 20166

703-435-5300

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $58.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $348.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $49.10

Total Charges: $397.10

Thanks again for your assistance!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]