Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Le Meridien Montparna

RobS
By RobS,
in

• 3 weeks later...

As an update, I used the board's PRICELINE link to bid again for $115, then $118; both were rejected. I had a look on Expedia and see that the Marriott Rive Gauche shows limited availability on June 30, right in the middle of our stay. I assume that's the reason that the bids have been rejected even though most others have reported winning bids of $105-110 for the same hotel.

Right now I'm considering splitting my bids into June 28-June 30 and July 1-July 4. That leaves me to find a different hotel from June 30-July 1. Anyone have any thoughts on making this as painless and economical as possible? Are there any other Paris hotel deals that I've yet to stumble upon?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The nite of the 30th is probably your 'difficult' nite, and the last nite(s) of your stay are a bit less expensive than the beginning nites.

If you don't mind changing hotels (keep in mind this would be two moves/three hotel stays) then your plans seems like a good one. However, i would probably proceed as follows:

1) bid for the first 'leg' of your stay. No harm in including the nite of the 30th, then if rejected, repeat without the nite of the 30th. Repeat this stop until succesful (ie- don't bid for the latter nites since those should be a bit the same or easier (not likely more difficult)

2) once successful with the first leg, bid for the last leg (of course include the nite of the 30th at first, if rejected, then drop the nite of the 30th)

3) IF you win both of these legs at the same hotel (hopefully the Marriott) then book a back-up reservation for the nite of the 30th (hopefully at someplace nearby, once a hotel is won you can use MAPS and HOTELS to enter the address to find other properties nearby). Then wait a week, see if there is any price change directly at the Marriott website, if you see a drop at all then try to use the "add a nite feature" (if offered) from your first bid. If that is rejected you can wait another week and/or monitor Marriott for any price drops for that nite, and try the "add a nite" from your second bid (again, if offered). Since you can only try the 'add a nite' once for each bid, i wouldn't 'waste' an opportunity immediately after you win since you know that is a difficult nite and not likely to be successful.

Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask. If you'd like a bidding strategy for any of the above feel free to ask for help in that regard too.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratualtions on your success!

I think this works out even better than wining 2 separate legs of your stay and still needing a nite in the middle, as that could have potentially opened you up to changing hotels twice and three different stays... at least now it's only one switch.

Please stick with the board format of only one win per thread as this allows others to see all the pertinent info of the thread info in the topic title as well as enables each leg of the stay to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. We'll use this thread to reflect your purchase of the Le Meridien Montparnasse... please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect your subsequent win of the Marriott.

Glad to see it all worked out in the end and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]