Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Airport PHX) Doubletree Guest Suites Gateway Center

VBW
By VBW,
in

Doubletree Hotels Guest Suites

Phoenix-Gateway Center

(came up on Hotwire as airport area)

320 North 44th Street

Phoenix, AZ 85008 602-225-0500

Amenities:

Suite

Fitness Center

Business Center

Airport Shuttle

Pool(s)

Hi Speed Internet Access

Complimentary Breakfast

restaurant(s)

kitchenette

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans... nice to have a little extra space a property like this provides when you have a multi-nite stay.

Thank you for sharing you results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got an email this morning from Hotwire that the sweet "suite" was not available after all, and I had the option of cancelling or keeping the res with 50% in the total in HotDollars. This is a bit odd, as the hotel's website says all 242 rooms are "spacious suites".

Are they going to put me in a broom closet? Or maybe under the housekeeping manager's desk? Perhaps I shall be sleeping outside watching the planes land and take off ... now, that's sweet!

Guess I'll call the hotel before I make my decision. The other hotel in my star ratings and budget is probably the airport Crown Plaza, and it's a nice place but I really wanted the extra room & kitchenette for this long of a stay.

I think you have the right approach, i'd call the hotel first and ask what type of room you've been assigned. If they tell you a 'standard' room i'd confirm that all the rooms are 'suites' and specifically ask if they have any rooms that are smaller than their 'standard' which they sell thru 3rd party suppliers.

Let us know how you make out and what you decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I did call the hotel and they assured me that all the rooms are suites and that I had a king nonsmoking with kitchenette, etc., and I'm glad to report that the amenities all match. Yep, it's a suite and a good size one at that. Micro/fridge/sink. The hotel isn't exactly new, and the layout is a bit odd -- must walk outside to use the elevator and it was only 106 today -- but all in all, I'm pleased. Decent breakfast (free since I'm HiltonHonors gold) and restaurant is fine enough for lunch or a lazy dinner. Free Internet (gold) and free parking for everyone.

And all for $49, what a deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]