Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

Gary Lewis
By Gary Lewis,
in

Hi... Left it later than I wanted, but just wanted to say a big thanks to all at this site! Managed to get the excellent Hyatt Regency Jersey City for $71. Thought I'd have to split my bid as it was for 5 nights, but I'm well happy with this result!

Tried $69 with no luck... added another district and rebid successfully at $71.

Booked using the PRICELINE link from this site.

Thanks again..... Gary

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and got a great deal at this property... and didn't need to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

I know this area fairly well if you need help with any aspect of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and got a great deal at this property... and didn't need to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

I know this area fairly well if you need help with any aspect of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks! thereuare

Wouldn't mind just asking a couple of questions:-

1. Flying in to / out of JFK. I'm planning to get the fixed rate airport taxi service to the WTC station where I can then connect to the PATH which will drop me just outside the hotel. Is this the way to go in your opinion for a reasonably painless transfer? I know I could get the taxi all the way there, but I guess that would be a lot more expensive. Might consider it for the way back to the Airport as there's no fixed taxi fee from Manhattan to JFK, right?

2. I'm planning to use the PATH to get to and from Manhattan. I'm there for 5 days and so it will be at least 10 journeys each for me and my partner to and from the hotel. Is the Octopus card the cheapest way to go? Any restrictions on its use?

3. If I'm heading downtown then Exchange Place > WTC is surely the way to go. What about midtown and uptown? Do I still go to WTC and then transfer to the subway, or is there a better way - eg another PATH route directly to midtown from Jersey City?

4. Had a great Steak at Keane's (although the D'arenberg Ironstone Pressings really 'made' the meal) in midtown last time I was in New York. Should I risk somewhere else this time, I take the safe bet at Keane's again?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]