Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

lauraflirt
By lauraflirt,
in

Hello,

I will be staying in NY from June 27th- July 1st. I am not familiar with the area, and was wondering if anyone could suggest good zones on Priceline? We are a young, newly engaged couple, and are interested in staying in fun/ touristy/ or trendy areas.

I appreciate your help!! :) :)

What is your desired star rating and expected budget (per nite before fees and taxes)?? There are some zones/hotels i favor more than others depending upon star rating, which may ultimately be determined by your budget.

Please also be sure to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, unlike your previous Priceline Los Angeles thread. :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level most midtown locations will work out fine for the average visitor, and i do think you have a chance with a $150 bid or less (although not a "lay-up")... MTE, MTW, CPS, TS. The one "dog" at the moment is that some people try to avoid the Sheraton New York (reviews)... not terrible for the price you'd likely pay vs. a 'retail' hotel in Manhattan, but there are better properties in NYC, so you'll have to decide if you want to include/exlude this zone o your first round of bidding.

Let us know your thoughts and once you're ready to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Anyone know if there is an event in town the weekend of June 27th? Ive bid many many times (with the free rebid zones) and keep getting rejected. The last bid that I got rejected was for $115 for a 4star in the midtown/central park area. Maybe there is an event that Saturday because I noticed that a few hotels featured on Travelzoo had the 27th of June blocked out. Please let me know. Im looking to stay June 27-July 1st thanks!!

$115 is not likely going to be enough for these dates, I'd try $120 next. The 27th does seem slightly higher than your other dates.

The New York Helmsley hotel is currently on a 72 hour sale for $136.50 (from $195) for these dates on Expedia.com. If you use coupon code 10MAY, you get another $10 off each night = $126.50, which is not far from where you've currently bid.

Please use the site's Expedia.com link if this is of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that a particular day is messing up my bids on priceline? I will be going to NY June 27-july 1st and have noticed a lot of travelzoo deals do not include the 27th of June as part of their promotions. Since I keep getting rejected on priceline, is it possible that June 27th (Saturday) is messing up my bids?

I was thinking of not including that date and if I my bid gets accepted, I will just call the hotel and pay normal price. Good idea??

Im looking for a 4 star (or even 3.5) in midtown west area for around $130.

Is it possible that a particular day is messing up my bids on priceline... since I keep getting rejected on priceline, is it possible that June 27th (Saturday) is messing up my bids?
See SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID
I was thinking of not including that date and if I my bid gets accepted, I will just call the hotel and pay normal price. Good idea??
Not necessarily, what if 'normal' price at the hotel you win is $349/nite for additional nite you need? Even if you're willing to pay that, what if the hotel is sold-out and doesn't have a room available at any price?

If you're willing to split your stay, i would sonner see if you coudl get a win for the three nites, then just bid for the first nite on its own and be willing to change hotels... the savings in NYC can be HUGE and for me, it would be worth my while to change hotels to potentially save $100+.

PLEASE remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Sorry that you are not pleased with the results. The Hudson is a hip, trendy Morgans hotel property and is definitely a "scene". As with other trendy chains (the W's), these are "love it or hate it" properties - there is clearly a large difference in reviews - some people thought they had a great experience, while some just the opposite. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised by the stay - if you're young and like trendy areas, your hotel is a trendy area in itself. At the very least, this is in a great location.

While the rooms are on the small side, smaller rooms are the norm in many NYC properties. It has not gotten the best reviews, but keep in mind that many of those people were paying $200-300 for a room. Additionally, reviews on tripadvisor have actually improved for this property.

Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for future purchases.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Has anyone ever had a bad experience at one of the hotels that you won on Priceline? If the hotel decides they want to comp you a night because of your bad experience, how does that work? I know that we pay priceline, and Priceline pays the hotel.... but then does Priceline reimburse us then?

Curious if anyone knows how this works, thanks!~

Sounds like you're really setting yourself up to have a bad stay :)

I'd be very surprised if you got a comped room in NYC as this isn't really a practice that is done anymore other than in Vegas and gambling cities where it's done to 'reward' (read: entice) gamblers.

If something goes wrong during your stay you're more likely to get a credit to use at the hotel restaurant or some other 'value added' service... what do you expect to go wrong that would entitle you to a free stay nite?

You are right- I thinking i'm psyching myself out, but there are so many other great hotels people have won for 3.5 stars in this area though. Also, I keep reading the reviews on tripadvisor, and they are HORRIBLE! It sounds like I got the worst 3.5 star hotel in this area. Tons of smokers in the hallways and in the rooms, loud music from the club downstairs, people not being able to check into their rooms until 2am, etc... :)

Really wish there was some way to get out of this hotel. I did read, however, that one travel was so unhappy they moved her to their partner hotel, The Royalton, free of charge.

Hi, i just got accepted at 3.5 stars for Hudson hotel... im pretty upset actually. This place got horrible reviews and the rooms are ridiculously small i read. Anyway to get out of this? Im sooo upset.... !! The bid was accepted at $115.

Dont put too much weight on Tripadvisor as it is full of some inaccurate info as many people put down ridiculous comments. . . . .you cant please everyone. .

First thing first

(1) New York isnt like Vegas where you get a huge room it is more about location

(2) Most rooms in NYC are small and not every room is going to have an amazing view .. .you are in a city so you might just get a city view

(3) I have utilized priceline a million times and I am always (90%) time happy with their ratings and hotels they partner with. . .The Hudson is hip trendy hotel in prime location and even if room is small you are in NYC enjoy

(4) Lastly, just be polite and ask for a complimentary upgrade and if you arent happy with your room just request another one. . i always pretty much get my way and i ask politely and with grace and if I dont get "what I want" I dont huff and puff like that Ugly american stereotype. . . ..

(5) One final thing. . . .dont go by trip advisor bad reviews they are mixed bag ... The hudson isnt a cookie cutter hilton so you should be okay. . .. oh another thing sometimes you can ask for upgrade (if complimentary upgrade doesnt work and you can pay a little extra and get better room etc)

Enjoy NYC!

We stayed in Hudson two years ago for nine nights and loved it.

Yes, rooms are very small, but quite well designed. I, my husband and our luggage and shopping bags fit well in the room. Great location, hotel has attractive public areas (especailly the rooftop bar on 15th? floor), staff was pleasant. If the price was right, I would stay there again.

We stayed in Hudson two years ago for nine nights and loved it.

Yes, rooms are very small, but quite well designed. I, my husband and our luggage and shopping bags fit well in the room. Great location, hotel has attractive public areas (especailly the rooftop bar on 15th? floor), staff was pleasant. If the price was right, I would stay there again.

Thats great to hear! Its refreshing to hear a positive comment about this hotel:) Hoping to possibly get an upgrade for free since my fiance is 6'3 and it might be a little tight for him. Any ideas on how to get upgraded?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]