Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Celebration) Gaylord Palms Resort

Alaska Don
By Alaska Don,
in

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal on this property!

Assuming reviews stay the same, once my kids are old enough for Disney, this is on my "want to try list" as i too have heard great things about this property... and the pool looks great too!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Hope your mom enyoys her stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Update on how the stay went.

My mom checked in and really loved this place.

They were very easy to deal with over the phone so that I could take care of the resort fee and parking in advance, as this weekend stay was a gift for her.

This is just a hunch, but I think that because we put a business card on the account to take care of any incidentals ahead of time, and paid a little extra to have a bottle of wine and plate of their gourmet cheeses in the room upon arrival, they assumed that my mom, despite booking through hotwire, "could" be some kind of potential business client or important guest.

Check-in was a breeze, and I don't think there was any mention of Hotwire, I asked her how checkin went, and she said it took seconds and that when she gave them her name they pulled her up in the computer and said, "everything is already paid for and arranged, Mrs. X" and then they gave her the room key.

She said she was very impressed with the service and with employees addressing her by name at times throughout the stay, which I think was impressive for a hotel of this size. They put her in a nice veiw room in St Augustine on an upper floor (at no charge).

She was going to go to Disney, but liked the hotel so much, and felt that there was so much to do there, she ended up just staying around the property. She said she wanted to see everything at the hotel, and ended up just going to Dowtown Disney in the evening on one night.

This is a gem for Hotwire because it is so easy to identify and is offered at about half price. If you are staying in Orlando, and want a nice place for about $100 a night, this is a no-brainer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]