Priceline Hotel: 3* Cape Cod (Hyannis-Yarmouth-Dennis) Courtyard Hyannis

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - Looking for a bidding strategy for Newport (goat island) for 5/29 - 6/1 (3 nites).....have only seen a recent win for the Hotel Viking as the warm weather season is just beginning here for this area, so have some questions also & some info that may or may not help.....

I am hoping these 3 hotels are still in the "priceline winning possibilities", Marriott Newport, Hyatt Regency Newport, & Hotel Viking....is there any way to tell other than "recent" wins?

Are all of these considered 3.5* hotels on priceline?

based on the respective websites for the 3 hotels the "AAA pricing" for these dates are as follows...

Marriott Newport - 318.00 p/n

Hyatt Regency Newport - 335.00 p/n

Hotel Viking 277.00 p/n

I'm not sure if these rates can help anyone give me an idea of how much I could/should expect to start my bidding amount at....would 125.00 as my max be unrealistic? Not sure how to approach this & would welcome any advice as to a realistic $ amount for bidding & a strategy...

My husband and I both have PRICELINE accounts, so we can both bid and use some extra chances to win something, plus I guess I still have some flexibility in my timing for bidding as its still 3 weeks away.....

Thank you again for this great site!!!!

I'm guessing it might take a little more than $125, but with time on your side let's get started and see how we do...

At the 3.5* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Goat Island...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Goat Island and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanx for the advice....tried as above, but rejected....but time is on my side & I may try tommorrow and have hubby up the $ increments starting at 105.00 & increase each step by $5.00 or so & see if that goes thru..might bump last step up to the 125.00 mark....maybe the rooms released into the 'PRICELINE" system may be replenished with more rooms????? not sure how that works....do hotels release a certain # of rooms into the priceline system daily, or is it just random when they feel they have extra rooms to try & fill?

hi - had some ideas to add to this but they involve a possible hotwire purchase as part of the 3 days, so hopefully I'm posting this correctly in this same thread & not a new one as it is for the same dates....

thinking of a possible 1 nite hotwire (or priceline purchase at a lower * rating) for the friday nite 5/29 as we will be heading out after work anyhow & it will be an after 9pm arrival which gives me more flexibility to up the $$$ amounts for Sat & Sun on Newport....

any bidding strategies in mind for a 2.5* - 3* for the 1 nite in the south kingston zone & a possible $ amount to start at? I dont see any hotels on the hotels list for this zone, so not sure what to possibly expect or where to look for conventional pricing on the respective websites of the hotels to get a $$$ amount idea

also if anyone can identify the following hotwire properties they could be possibilities for the "travel" day

3* warwick/w warwick/cranston 5/29 - $42.00 - (??Hampton Inn & Suites??)

amenities:

airport shuttle

comp bfast

fitness ctr

pool(s)

business ctr

laundry fac

high speed internet access

2.5* warwick/w warwick/cranston 5/29 - $49.00

amenities:

airport shuttle

comp bfast

fitness ctr

restaurant

high speed internet access

Best guess for the 3* would be the Hampton Inn... the 2.5* matches the Comfort Inn Warwick Airport so that would be our best guess for that one.

Do either of there work for your needs and/or would you like to try for a cheaper rate thru PRICELINE? If so, would either of the above work as a 'fallback' if your bidding fails? If so, you can use the price of the HOTWIRE property as an upper bidding limit for PRICELINE.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

either of the 2 properties sound fine, but only for the friday nite stay, so I will want to keep up trying for the Sat & Sun stay in Newport first, & if/when I am successful with that then I can do the friday nite stay as that has lots more flexibility for me as far as area....I would like to try & bid for a cheaper rate thru priceline for friday, on the 3 star level...I really want to try & stay south & west of providence/newport as this is the direction we will be coming from...if you have a strategy for this that would be great....the 42.00 p/n seems to a pretty decent price too @ the hamton inn if there is not a win on a cheaper priceline attempt....thnx!!!!

OK - thanx for being patient with me - We have changed our destination for the weekend to Cape Cod, as I got a fantastic deal on a 1 bedroom "condo" @ a resort......for 3 Nites, Sat, Sun & we decided to add Monday....I am looking for a new strategy for our Friday nite stay on way to the Cape, but I am thinking I need to start a new post under Massachussetts???? hopefully this is correct...thanx :)

bidding strategy Plymouth, Middleboro, or Cape Cod 5/29

have gotten great price for a weekend on Cape Cod, (Sat, Sun, Mon)....looking for a bidding strategy for our Friday nite 5/29 stay on the way to the Cape....here are my thoughts/preferences...

want to stay at the 3* level to start, but willing to go down to 2.5* if needed to keep cost down...

Would like to get onto Cape for Friday, but it will be late & we are looking to not spend alot of $$$ just to sleep....the conventional (AAA) pricing I am getting for hotels that are on your hotel list are as follows..

3* Sheraton (Hyannis, Yarmouth, Dennis) not finding any Sheraton in this area...(only a four points by sheraton in Dennis, so not sure if this is even valid as a possible win) 145.00 p/n

2.5* Holiday Inn Hyannis - 161.00 p/n

That being said I/we would be just as happy bidding on Plymouth zone & Middleboro zone to keep cost down as I am sure staying in these zones would be much more cost effective....AAA pricing is:

Plymouth zone:

3* Raddisson - 130.00 p/n

2.5* Hilton garden Inn 125.00 p/n

Middleboro zone:

3* Courtyard by Marriott Raynham 98.00 p/n

2.5* Holiday Inn Express 126.00 p/n

I am assuming you will suggest going for the 3* Courtyard in Middleboro....How low would you suggest that I can/should I start my bidding amount at? would 45.00 to start be too low??

A bidding strategy would be greatly appreciated...thanx very much :)

If you don't have a preference, why not start with a 3* bid for Plymouth OR Middleboro... bidding so that you'll win whichever one is cheaper? Do you have a maximum bid in mind for these two zones?

I'm doubtful that $50 will be enough for this nite, but you can try, but any strategy we suggest will start low and gradually increase, so little fear of overbidding... is $50 still your maximum bid amount?

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Middleboro...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Plymouth...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Middleboro and Plymouth...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thanx for all your help...as an alternative I am seeing 2 hotels on hotwire for this date 5/29 & may decide to just take one of these as the pricing is near my max (& below) & it puts me right onto the cape....

need help identifying:

2.5* Hyannis, Yarmouth, Dennisport - $71.00 - Breakfast, Pool(s), Business Center

2* Hyannis, Yarmouth, Dennisport - $49 - Pool

is the 49.00 2* the Howard Johnson? - Has anyone stayed there?

will use the links to purchase....thanx!!!

Yahoo - decided to go out on a limb & "try" bidding on Priceline for 3* hotel for 5/29 on the cape......here's my results!!!

selected 3* Hyannis

bid $50.00 - got the message about "increase bid by $14.00 now it will be accepted, so I knew I was close!! I rejected & added free - rebid zone...

bid 57.00 - rejected - added free rebid zone

bid 60.00 ACCEPTED!!!

$60.00 room

$13.85 taxes

$73.86 total

Courtyard by Marriott Cape Cod - Hyannis

707 Iyannough Rd

Hyannis, MA

I think it's a fantastic win as I was up to 60.00 on my try in Middleboro!!! Room rates on website for this date (AAA) are $152.00 per nite!!!!!

I am soooo happy... :) :) :o

Used your PRICELINE link to bid & Thank you for such a great site!!!!

Congratulations on your success!

This stay took many turns but it looks like you ultimately did quite well.

Hope you're happy with the results and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]