Priceline Hotel: 3.5* St Petersburg-Clearwater (North Clwtr-Safety Harbor) Safety Harbo

mousefansmom
By mousefansmom,
in

Used the PRICELINE link and was trying for the Marriott or the Hilton, but ended up with the Safety Harbor Resort on what I thought would be a free re-bid (North Clearwater). Started at $99, then to $107, then to my accepted price of $110. Unfortunately the Safety Harbor Website has this available for as low as $93 :)

I guess you win some and you lose some. . . Hopefully this will be a great place and I won't let the extra $$ bring me down!

Mousefansmom

Sorry to hear of your re-bidding error.

If you're not sure how to determine your re-bid zones please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also, always feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board, or as a quick back-up use Re-Bidding.com (but it's automated so best used as a confirmation tool rather than sole reliance)

PRICELINE does have a Best Rate Guarnatee but you must file your claim within 24 hours of your purchase... you should submit the info to them and, if successful, they'll refund the difference between your bid price and the lowest price at the hotel's website.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That re-bidding query is awesome, I have used Betterbidding before but had not kept up with all of the great improvements. I will certainly use it next time, this time I just goofed.

I ended up calling Priceline to let them know that I found the price lower on the hotels own website. After a little bit of a misunderstanding (she initially tried to tell me that the web site's quote was without resort fee and that if I added that in they were only a dollar more than the hotel website, but when I asked if I would have to pay the resort fee, even when booked on PL, she agreed that I would) PL is refunding me the difference ($17 per night) plus 10%. I feel better now, and am sure I will enjoy the stay.

Thanks, as always for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]