GA Atlanta Crowne Plaza Perimeter Northwest

McMick
By McMick,
in

Atlanta Crowne Plaza Perimeter Northwest (6345 Powers Ferry Road)

We stayed here in May, 2009 and got a good deal on Priceline for $38. We were very satisfied with our stay. The property is close to I-285 and I-75, although at night it was bit tricky to navigate some one-way roads from the freeway ramp to Powers Ferry Road. The exterior of the building looks like it's from the 1970s, although the room had obviously been redecorated in the last few years. Three cheers to the decorator who decided to cover one wall of the room in a beautiful chocolate brown wallcovering--rather dramatic and a nice change of pace from the beige and ivory color scheme of the typical Crowne Plaza room. The room was above average in size, and an irregular shape, so there was a nook near the window with a comfortable chair and reading light. But the unusually shaped room also had a large area of empty space that seemed to need another piece of furniture. Our room overlooked the parking lot, and I guess the rooms on the other side of the hotel overlook the freeway. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. The bathroom retained it's original 1970s "gold sparkle" tile but other aspects of the bath had been updated. The front desk clerk who checked us in was friendly--and trying hard--but unpolished and not in keeping with a 3.5 star hotel. There are several fast food restaurants across from the hotel property and a Publix grocery store within easy walking distance.

• 7 months later...

Crowne Plaza Marietta (1775 Parkway Place Southeast) is NOT a 3.5 hotel.

Two stays at this hotel were very disappointing.

Early trip in December-

Room reaked of smoke, changed rooms

Water was brown entire stay

A bathroom wash rag was not clean being full of black specks, appeared that housekeeping had mistaken a guest rag with the cleaning rags...

Published room service time was different than availability. (ended an hour prior to times published on room menu)

following morning when ordered breakfast, it was cool at best.

Early Jan Trip-

Bed boxsprings pedistal was broke causing bed to be uneven

Upon repair of pedistal, i found a condom package under the bed

Pubic hair was found underneath pillow

when ordered room service, two meals ordered but only one silver service and no creamer for coffee

dirty rag smell existed at desk area

they didn't even have shower caps...?

I stay in 3.5 hotels in this area consistently. This hotel, SHOULD NOT be part of the 3.5 group. Period.

Parking lot is also cluttered with junk... wooden pallet has been there for a month, mud and dirt i parking lot. I'm unclear how they are in the 3.5 group.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]