Priceline Hotel: 4* Downtown Vancouver 6/10-12 (mid-week)

celere1
By celere1,
in

Have been working on this bid for the last 4-5 days with a rejection at up to $85. Have not yet risked any free rebid zones yet, since we have a bit of time, but I'm a bit surprised that nothing has come up. My husband calls it the Priceline dead zone - not real early, but not close enough to the date to get any new last minute availability (not sure if it works that way, but seems a good theory).

It may not necessarily be too early as we have seen multiple winning bids for the month of July already.

However, I do think you're close... another $10 would incrase your chances, but not sure of your maximum budget.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How high are you willing to go at this point in time?

Do you have a back-up reservation anyplace? (if so, where and how much)

The 3.5* on HOTWIRE is likely the Executive Hotel Vintage Park, which is a 3* on PRICELINE, which could explain why your 3.5* PRICELINE bids are being rejected while HOTWIRE shows a 3.5* (ie- 3* on PRICELINE) for just $3 more than you've already bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the next few days, I will probably try to keep it below $100. I'd be more than happy with a 3.5*, just have to figure out the correct price point. I have not made a back up booking yet, but will probably do so in the next day or so. The reservation is actually for my 28 yr old son and his wife, so we are trying to keep it around $100, and will just drop the star level as needed. He stayed at the Westin Bayshore a few years back, and loved it, so I was hoping to get them something comparable. Will be patient for a bit longer...... thanks for the feedback.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]