Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Courtyard by Marriott $38

LadyBug50
By LadyBug50,
in

Rejected bid of $30 for a 2* :) ..... they countered suggesting to up it $8. Needing the room for tonite and didn't want to mess with redoing everything and still quite new at this game, I gave in at $38. They upgraded to a 2 1/2*. :)

Breakdown

$38.00 accepted bid

$3.33 taxes

$5.95 processing fee

$47.28 Total

4/22/03

LOL :) this ones for the same sister as the Hyatt last Sunday. She say's her hot water heater is broke and is willing to take a $38 shower :o She's there now and says it's a great hotel. She's really enjoying this bidding game, too. Looks like I overbid by about $6. I'm learning, and it'll be awhile before I take off the training wheels :)

I think you did just fine, sometimes hard to re-bid if it's the same day and getting close to the bidding deadline for the day.

Better you overpay by $6 than not get a room for the night! Good evidence though how the "counter-offers" by Priceline can almost always be undercut.

As always, thanks for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't realize that the counter offer was just a suggestion by Priceline. I thought about adding just a few dollars to the original bid, but I wasn't sure, and time was tight. Lesson learned.

Sis got a phone quote for the night at the local RED ROOF INN for $69, so I knew this had to be better even at $38 with Priceline. (Much better !) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]