Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Avenue

Icky Flix
By Icky Flix,
in

Hello,

I will be in Chicago from 09/14/2009 to 09/17/2009 (3 nights).

I have an average budget per night of 120 $ ("all in").

We are looking for 3 stars hotels (clean and quiet) closed to public transportation.

Thanks in advance for your help

Fabien

If you look at the PRICELINE map for this area, the Loop and North Michigan Ave zones are the most frequently bid.

The NMA zone is more 'lively' with more restaurants, shopping. and activities to do nearby... the Loop zone is a bit more business oriented and gets quiet at nite and on the weekends. The two zones are adjacent to one other so neither is 'bad' (even those looking for more nightlife can make the Loop work for their needs, they're convenient enough to each other)... are both of these zones acceptable to you or are you interested in only one of them? (or some other zone)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* NMA...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Loop...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* NMA and Loop...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

I think the above is a longshot, but with time on your side i'd start with the above and take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to ID a 3* Hotel in Chicago but I can't find a match !!!

3-star hotel in Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field - $72

Amenities : Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

No trip advisor rating

Il looks like this area is quite big ?

This would likely be the South Loop Hotel, a new property I'd never heard of before it was recently reported by another user. I don't think I've ever seen it on any of the major (Expedia/Travelocity/etc) services.

I definitely would NOT recommend staying here if you are seeing the city as a tourist. Not a whole lot going on in this area, it's far from downtown (and not even really near the Museum Campus.) It'll also be pretty quiet at night. The only reason I'd suggest someone stay at this property would be if they needed to be near the convention center (and even then I'd rather recommend trying to get the nearby Hyatt instead.)

It's certainly a cheaper price than most properties downtown for these dates, but I don't think staying there would be an optimal experience.

If you are driving, I would be happy to suggest some very nice suburban hotels, where you would get free parking.

If you are not driving, this would be a downtown suggestion:

While this would be a basic property, I'd rather suggest the Seneca for $103 on Orbitz.com. Use coupon code deal0hotel for 10% off = $93.02 non-refundable. Plus, free breakfast.

While more expensive, this would be far more preferable from a location standpoint.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link if this is of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about booking this offer :

4* in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast - $109

Amenities : Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

I guess it's not possible to identify this one from that list ?

4* Allerton Crowne Plaza (previously 3.5*)

4* The Drake Hotel (previously 4.5*)

4* Millennium Knickerbocker

4* Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a 4* in NMA - Water Tower - Golden Coast for $113 per night using the HOTWIRE link

Avenue Hotel Chicago for 3 nights - 9/14/9 => 9/17/9

Amenities : Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby

That's it, it's over.

So we have from 9/9/9 to 9/30/9

$413,28 - 5 nights - Bulfinch Hotel 107 Merrimac Street, Boston,MA,02114

$392,20 - 3 nights - Avenue Hotel Chicago 160 E. Huron Street, silkHotelCityStateZip:Chicago, IL, 60611

$89,36 - 1 night - Sheraton City Center Indianapolis 31 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis,IN,46204

$288,79 - 3 nights - Hotel George - A Kimpton Hotel 15 E Street, NW, Washington,DC,20001

$155,78 - 2 nights - Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor Dwt, MD 301 W. Lombard St., Baltimore,MD,21201

$226,05 - 2 nights - Radisson Plaza Warwick 1701 Locust Street, Philadelphia, , PA, 19103

$622,71 - 5 nights - The Westin Jersey City, newport 479 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ, 07310

=> $104 per night (taxes included)

Congratulations on your success and glad you were able to get through an epic amount of trip planning.

Very good deal for this property, which is certainly in a terrific location half a block from Michigan Ave. There's a Corner Bakery one block South of the hotel if you are looking for a quick (but good) bite to eat (breakfast/lunch/dinner.) A bit further away would be Fox and Obel Market and Cafe (fox-obel.com), which is on the corner of McClurg and Illinois - that's about a 5-6 minute walk from this hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]