Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark-Meadowlands (Jersey City) Westin

Icky Flix
By Icky Flix,
in

Hello,

I will be in NY from 09/24/2009 to 09/30/2009 (6 nights).

I have an average budget per night of 120 $ ("all in").

We are looking for 3 stars hotels (clean and quiet) closed to public transportation.

Thanks in advance for your help

Fabien

Currently, $120 all-in is going to be tough for these dates in NYC.

I would get as many dates take care of for the previous legs of your trip... hopefully you can come in below your budget for soem of the other cities and apply the savings to NYC, as you're likely going to need it (or you can consider some convenient options outside of the city)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will do as you say : try to find the best offers on each previous city. Boston is booked (thanks to you), and I will try to do the same for Chicago, Indianapolis, Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia.

An hotel outside the city is not a problem for us until it is closed from public transportation.

Which area would you recommend for a start.

Regards

Fabien

You can stay in Jersey City which has easy access to Manhattan, and i think you can do it for under $100/nite, but you will lose quite a bit of the "NYC feel"... which is part of what makes Manhattan so special and you may not want to miss out on this aspect and you may not get a true sense of Manhattan; but it's your budget and your trip, so really up to you how you want to play it. (for instance if saving money on the hotel room will enable you to "do" more things in Manhattan rather than just "see" them, then by all means it's a good trade-off, but you have to realize that you do give up something when staying in Jersey City)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise according.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are definitely considerably less expensive (and still quite nice) areas for hotels around Chicago, such as the airport or some of the suburbs. However, if you're not driving, then the airport is really the only suburban area to choose. Just an idea to save elsewhere so the savings can go towards staying in NYC and not having to travel in. NYC is really one place where I'd want to not have to spend time traveling in - there's so much to do that you want to get started early. Last time I was in NYC I woke up at 6am on the first full day and ended up walking a total of 15-16 miles around Manhattan.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to ID a 3* in Midtown Central

Using the HOTWIRE link, the price is $119 per night (Fri, Sep 25 to Wed, Sep 30 - 1 room, 5 nights)

Amenities : Fitness Center / Restaurant(s) / Business Center / High-speed Internet Access

Tripadvisor rating : 3.5

Do you think it can be the Park Central Hotel ? Do you think it's a good deal ?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This is a match for the Park Central and that would be my best guess.

As far as good deal or not it depends what you're looking for... the price is very good for NYC, but the rooms are notoriously small, so you have to weigh your budget vs. how much time you think you'll be spending in the room. If it will just be a place to sleep at the end of a long day of being out and about, then it will likely suit your needs; if you're the type who likes to relax in the room, sit in a chair and room a book, newspaper, and/or drink your coffee, then it might not be what you're looking for.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

To offer my 2 cents:

NYC is all about going out and exploring. There are the sights that you probably know you want to see, but I can guarantee that you're going to be passing by a cool shop and want to go in, and then you'll be somewhere and realize you can get in another attraction/sight that you didn't expect to see if you walk just a bit further. At the end of the day, you realize you did more than you planned to.

As mentioned, if you are going to be out all day, this is a good deal in comparison to what other HOTWIRE options are out there. However, if you're looking for something more upscale, then this wouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

So we finally made up our mind.

4* in Hoboken / Jersey City : The Westin Jersey City, newport

$109 / night using the HOTWIRE link (Sep 25, 2009 to Sep 30, 2009)

Amenities : Fitness Center / Restaurant(s) / Business Center / High-speed Internet Access / pool

I would like to thank both of you for your advices, it has been very helpful (one more to go - 3 nights in Chicago)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]