Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Sheraton Manhattan

eroller
By eroller,
in

I've been trying for months on Priceline for a 4* hotel during these dates. Just today I tried on Priceline up to $225 a night with no luck for every midtown zone. I'm glad I didn't win since I ended up with a great deal on Hotwire.

Sheraton Manhattan Hotel (Distinctive)

790 7th Avenue at 51st Street

New York City, NY 10019

"Customer Favorite"

3.5* Rating

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet, Business Center

10/19-10/22

$166 per night for three nights

$498 sub-total

$75.95 tax

---------------

$573.95 Total

The Internet-only, non-refundable rate on Sheraton.com is $279 per night for the same dates.

I think I received a great deal and I'm very happy with the hotel, especially the location. Hopefully the hotel is decent, but how bad can a Sheraton be??

One thing that was odd with the Hotwire confirmation is that next to the hotel name, the word "(Distinctive)" is listed. I'm not sure what that means?

I'll probably try to email the hotel with a request for a king size bed and higher floor, but I know it's not guaranteed. I think I read where you can input a Starwood Preferred number??

Thanks to everyone on this site for all the great information!!

Ernie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the rest of the board (and including the Hotwire amenities! :))

Your post serves as a good reminder on why it's important to consider all available booking sources to get the best deal.

Enjoy your time in NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This hotel should be in good shape.

After 9/11, one of the Wall Street brokerage firms took over all of the rooms while their building was repaired. When the brokers left, the hotel was remodeled (also in anticipation of the Republican Convention). One nice thing is that they have the new "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper" beds (a really nice pillow top matress with lots of pillows and a duvet).

Before January 1, 2004, you were able to earn Starwood points on incidentals, and also receive elite benefits. Unfortunately, as of 01/01, you can no longer do so.

Thanks for the info! Great to hear the hotel is updated. The pictures of the rooms look nice on the Sheraton website, and I noticed the new beds. Reviews of the hotel are mixed, but that seems to be the case with every hotel review I read.

I did try calling Starwood today, and sure enough they were not able to note any special requests or add my Preferred number. No problem. I did send a fax off to the hotel with my special requests (king size bed, non-smoking, higher floor). I know they can't be guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to ask. I will probably re-send the fax about a day before my arrival in case the first one gets lost since the stay is several weeks away.

Ernie

ps - just for fun I pulled up the same dates just now on Hotwire. The same hotel is now being offered at $224 per night. I'm glad I jumped on the rate when I did.

The pictures of the rooms look nice on the Sheraton website, and I noticed the new beds.

If you have a digitial camera please take some pictures of the hotel (and bed) and post them at REAL HOTEL PHOTOS .com so that we can compare them to the website.

Thanks!

PS- i forgot in your other post... 'distinctive' is just their descriptive word for 3.5* hotel. Here are the others (current as of posting):

5* Luxury

4.5* Deluxe

4* Upscale

3.5* Distinctive

3* Midscale

2.5* Value

2* Economy

1* Motel

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]