Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor) Westgate Hotel

April520
By April520,
in

First bid was $79, got it on first bid. (In hindsight I should have started lower :-) ) At first I was very disappointed with the win (I was hoping for the Hilton) but I did some searches for it online and it seems really nice. I will post results of our "Mothers Day" trip when I get back and let you all know how the hotel was! April

What a great win on Priceline!!! The hotel is "old world" elegant, large lobby and beautiful chandeliers everywhere. Upon check-in I asked if there was any kind of waterview or upgrade available. I was informed we had a deluxe city view room but for $80 a NIGHT extra they could give me a waterview room (that's crazy!) Of course, I said "no thanks"! Upon entering our "deluxe" room, we were blown away by the beautiful elegant room. It was very large, big floor to ceiling windows overlooking San Diego, and a big work desk. The hotel has free wi-fi, a fridge filled with drinks (for a fee, of course) and there was ice in the room. They have robes for use, and put chocolates on the bed during "turn-down" service. The bathroom was HUGE with a large vanity area, and a large closet with a light. Now for the shower....it was the BEST waterpressure shower I've ever been in (and we've stayed in a LOT of hotels) It was also a very large square shower with lots of room. The bed was very comfortable as well.

The service was great! Staff was everywhere, tending to any needs we had. Doors were opened for us wherever we went. You felt like royalty here.

Now for the downside (though for a downtown hotel it is not unusual) They ONLY offer valet parking, and it was $28 per day. Now when I checked in they didn't tell us about the fee. We happened to be waiting for our car to be brought over and my husband read the sign posted near the valet desk. Oh well, they way we look at it, we got such a good deal on Priceline for such a great hotel and it WAS a downtown location, who cares. We had a great time at the Westgate! Some may not care for the victorian old world feel, but I think it was a great change to the "cookie cutter" hotel rooms that are out there...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]