Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Downtown) Marriott Marina

RAIDERMOM
By RAIDERMOM,
in

I have never used Priceline, but after discovering this forum I decided I have to do it.

I need 4 rooms for a large family pre cruise. The limit of rooms I can book on Priceline is 4. Am I guaranteed that all of these rooms will be at the same hotel.

Also, I would love to get the Marriott Marina in Ft Lauderdale for April 15th. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start the bidding.

Thank You

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you select '4 rooms' from the drop-down menu (so you're bidding all 4 rooms at the same time) then they will be at the same property.

Bidding strategies are dependent upon prevailing hotel rates. We'll be happy to suggest a bidding strategy if your supply your travel date(s).

You'll also want to learn about PRICELINE REBIDDING, so read that link and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you understand the re-bidding information above? When bidding 3* in this area you have two re-bid zones... if you're not sure of your re-bid zones or just want to confirm them with the board feel to do so.

It's probaby too early for an April '05 win in this area but i would try some bids at the low end of the range, but reasonable, for this season:

Select 3* Downtown and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $83.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above.

Good luck and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not quite sure about rebidding. The way I understand it is

If I book a four star hotel in the Ft Lauderdale area and I get a rebid I should rebid for the Airport area since there are no four star hotels. But I am looking for the Marriot Marina which is a three star hotel and if I rebid in the Beach area or the Airport area there are other three star hotels and I am afraid I will not get the Marriott which is in the downtown area.

I hope that explanation makes sense.

I think you have the concept but not the logistics.

Lately i've been walking users thru this exercise and it seems to make it clear to them:

Write down every zone in the Ft. Lauderdale area on a piece of paper.

Then write down the highest star level available in each zone.

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process

Post each zone and the highest star level in each zone as a reply to this post and then we'll take the next step.

One other thing I like to do is open up a new priceline window and actually click on all the

"free" rebids just to make sure no new hotel has shown up in a zone that I was not expecting.

This helps insure that I will not land a hotel in an area I was not planning on staying in.

It is not unusual for me to bid over a period of 2-3 months for a certain area if need be trying

to get the price I'm interested in paying.

m

Okay, I followed your steps and think I have the idea now.

The zones for Ft Lauderdale are

Coral Springs 3*

Downtown 4*

Airport 3*

Beach Area 4*

North 4*

Hollywood 4*

Miramar 2 1/2*

Pompano 2 1/2*

W. Plantation 4*

So if I get two re bids I would rebid in the Miramar and Pompano zones since there are no three star hotels in that area which should assure me the Marriott or Embassy Suites. Does it sound like I have it right??

Yes!.. you got it! :)

However, i would stop short of saying you'll receive the "the Marriott or Embassy Suites" as new hotels could be reported at anytime. In fact Hotwire just added the Riverside Hotel to the potential offerings in this zone, but it's not known if this property participates with Priceline or not. As well, you could be upgraded to a 4* hotel. So while the Marriott and Embassy Suites are the most likely and probable, it's important to realize that there are outside chances of a new hotel in the zone, a hotel in the zone upgraded to your star level, or Priceline upgrading your 3* bid to a 4* hotel.

You should do the above exercise each time before you start bidding in order to make sure that there are not any new re-bid zones and to make sure that no re-bid zone has had a higher rated hotel added to it (thus no longer making it a re-bid zone).

So now that you have an understanding of re-bidding, here is the same info from above that i would recommend you bid:

Select 3* Downtown and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $83.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If any questions remain please let us know.

Keep us updated as to your progress.

Saw this yesterday and though i responded but i suppose i didn't.

Congratulations on your win, and yes, please add the date(s) of your stay... i'm sure it will help other cruisers!

edit: posts were merged, which i probaby started to do yesterday but didn't finish. This explains why i didn't reply earlier and why there is a question of dates when the dates are now represented

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]