Priceline Hotel: Resort Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Sheraton

photobean
By photobean,
in

I've been trying to bid for a resort level Kauai hotel for a few days now.

Started my bid in the low $90s and am now at $117/night.

I noticed that hotwire had a resort level hotel for $121/night.

Are priceline hotels usually cheaper than hotwire hotels or do prices vary?

I have a feeling I'm no where close to a winning bid on priceline since I havent even gotten the offer to rebid for $22 more....

Just starting to get worried since my trip is near and I will be travelling on Memorial Day weekend.

I was able to book the Sheraton Kauai Resort for $140 for 5/23/09 - 5/27/09

Not the best deal since I suspect the Sheraton was going for $118/night on hotwire a month earlier for the same dates.

I bid in $5 increments from $90-$140 for Resort level in Kauai

Since I used a priceline bonus cash link I wasnt able to go through the link.

I sent a small donation via paypal and will use the link for my next bid.

Also, I shouldve booked my car rental when priceline gave me the option to take a convertible for $54/day

Most rental companies in Kauai are now booked for Memorial Day weekend and rates have gone up considerably for whats left.

Lesson learned... consider the risk of waiting until the last minute when booking for a long weekend.

Congratulations on your success.

Glad to see you were successful and the $50 bonus money helped lower the costs of this stay a little.

Thank you for sharing your results with the rest of us and for the contribution to the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Photobean, I'm glad you got a hotel, the Sheraton has great reviews on tripadvisor! For future reference, try "www.discounthawaiicarrental.com". It's cheap and you don't need a credit card to reserve (no issues with cancellation). Also if you have a Costco card, you can get a very good rate through the Costco Travel website.

Yes, tried them in Oahu. They are reputable, their site is very frequently referred to on tripadvisor forums as well. Once you reserve a car through them you'll receive a confirmation email from Thrifty/Avis/Budget (whichever one you decide to book with). I booked through their link for Thrifty (no underage driver or additional driver fees) and have reconfirmed my reservation for next week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]