Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Pasadena) Hilton

bluedevils
By bluedevils,
in

Went the HOTWIRE route after striking out on Priceline @ $65, 70, 74, and 79 per night. Was surprised not to win something at $79/night thru PRICELINE.

Hilton Pasadena is not listed in BetterBidding's Pinned Hotwire Los Angeles list. Perhaps it can be added now?

Used this site's HOTWIRE link for purchase.

Amenities for the hotel: pool, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high-speed internet.

Those amenities were an exact match for the Sheraton (the Westin is the same plus 'non-smoking'), so I figured we'd win the Sheraton, which we enjoyed back in March. Slightly disappointed to win the Hilton instead, since the TripAdvisor reviews are not as good, but $89/night seems like a really good rate for Pasadena on these dates. Expedia was $139/night for Sheraton and $163/night for the Hilton.

The Hilton is a very close match for the Trip Advisor review details on the Hotwire page (3.0 out of 5 rating, 40 reviews last review April 2009) and the Sheraton isn't, so I probably should have suspected this listing was the Hilton - serves me right for taking the BB pinned list as 'gospel' :)

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear you didn't get the hotel you were expecting, but glad t see you can make this work for your needs... especially at the price won!

We're constantly updating the hotel lists with new information as it's received (as we just did with the new hotel you've posted above), so ntohing should ever be considered "gospel", and you should use all the tools/tips/clues that HOTWIRE offers.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase, and sharing your results with the board, enabling us to add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're constantly updating the hotel lists with new information as it's received (as we just did with the new hotel you've posted above), so ntohing should ever be considered "gospel", and you should use all the tools/tips/clues that HOTWIRE offers.

Yep, I didn't realize until after I booked that I was *assuming* the Pasadena hotel list on BB was comprehensive. I looked at the Sheraton and Westin reviews on Trip Advisor and the data was not a match for what Hotwire showed. I even looked at a few other hotels on TripAdvisor looking for a match based on the reviews, but inexplicably did NOT peek at the Hilton.

The room is for someone else, and they are looking forward to trying out the Hilton for comparison purposes, having previously stayed at the Westin and Sheraton.

I think the Sheraton may have reverted to what the sticky thread shows as its old info: 3*, with Tennis and Laundry back on the list of amenities (for 7 total amenities). I'm doing some searches for July, and a 3* comes up that matches the old Sheraton details (3*, 7 amenities), and also matches its TripAdvisor reviews (3.5/5, 60+, last review April 2009). Is there anything else that could be a 3* in Pasadena with that info?

Delirium,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and include the actual dates of your stay so we can see the same offerings that are appearing on your HOTWIRE search.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]