Priceline Hotel: San Fran USE 10/8-11

PhillyGirl
By PhillyGirl,
in

Many thanks for all the tips posted on this board, particularly the Rebid Strategy on Priceline. However, I just rebid from $85 - $110 in $5 increments and still did not get accepted for a 4* in the USE region. Also checked Hotwire where 4* is offered for $128, but I got the impression that that their 4* is not equivalent to Priceline's. Hotwire also had 3.5* for $87 but I didn't see any 3.5* hotels in the Hotwire hotel list on this board. 4.5* was offered at $204. Would greatly appreciate any advice or words of wisdom on how to proceed from here. Many thanks!

What are the full list of amenities for the 3.5* and 4* hotels?

Sometimes the ratings of Priceline and Hotwire are the same... sometimes they are different. We may be able to help identify the above hotels and give insight as to a better bidding amount for Priceline OR whether the Hotwire hotels are a good deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you know, Priceline list USE and Embarcadero together, and Hotwire lists Union Square seperate from Embarcadero. Here's the current breakdown on Hotwire

Embarc 4.5* currently $204, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr, HS Inet

Embarc 4* currently $128, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr

Embarc 3.5* not currently shown (but was listed at $87 two days ago)

Embarc 3* currently $118, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr, Pool, Spa, Laundry

USE 4* currently $215, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr

USE 3.5* currently $130, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr

USE 3* currently $117, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr

USW 4.5* currently $300, Rest, Fit Ctr, Bus Ctr

USW 4* not currently listed

USW 3.5* currently $100, Boutique, Rest, Bus Ctr

USW 3* currently $93, Rest

Based on the poster who got the Hilton at $90, perhaps I should add USW but I'm guessing that's a 4* and no longer available. SF must be hopping that weekend!

I can't rebid on Priceline until later tonight. Based on current listings, it looks like I may have to go up to $125 to get a 4* or should I just grab the Hotwire 4* in Embarc for $128?

You didn't need to list all the Hotwire offerings :) ... only the ones that you were considering as an alternative to using Priceline. I looked at the 4* Embarcadero at $128 since you mentioned this a few times, and it matches the Hyatt in this area, but as you can see from you list the amenities of Restaurant, Fitness, Business are quite common in this area and therefore it could also be another other hotel not yet reported. (but based upon the information we have, my best guess would be the Hyatt).

(edit: i just did a search for your dates and this property is also a Customer Favorite, given that the Hyatt was also reported in the past as a Customer Favorite i would say the likelihood of this property being the Hyatt has gone up)

If the $90 win that you were refering to was this PRICELINE SAN FRANCISCO HILTON win, it may have never been available for your dates... since your dates are different than that win there is little relevance.

It boils down to whether you want to take Hotwire's $128 which may be the Hyatt, if you'd like to try to beat that rate via Priceline, or take one of the alternate Hotwire options you've listed above. Personally i would try to beat the $128 rate via Priceline unless there was some reason that you favor the Hyatt. Let us know what direction you would like to go and we'll provide a strategy for you to follow (or if you opt for Hotiwre try to identify the hotel).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about providing too much info. At the time, I was trying to decide between Hotwire's 4* @ $128 and 3.5* @ $87 options. Since the 3.5* is no longer an option, that point is mute. Same goes for the $90 Hilton given that the dates are different than what I am seeking. Guess I'm just puzzled (and disappointed) that $110 wasn't sufficient for a 4* from Priceline given the info provided on prior posts as well as Priceline's own statement of a "Recent Deal" of $86. I'll probably try PL again since they seem to offer more 4* hotels and hope I can inch my way up to something slightly more than $110, but less than HW's $128. What do you think? Oct 8 - 11 must just be a very busy weekend in SF! Mega thx for your help!

At the 4* level you have 5 re-bid zones available (if you're unsure of your re-bid zones ask the board to help or confirm your zones).

This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* USE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125.

If the above fails then i'd go with the $128 Hotwire offer.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I can't offer any insight as to whether rates will go up or down between now and the time of your stay.

However, i will add that apparently there is low availability for these dates and unless hotels get a large number of cancellations in the next few days i don't know why they would consider drastically dropping their rates.

If the price bothers you then you can always consider a nearby zone, but as the Hotwire prices indicate they appear to be relatively similar.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]