Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Wyndham Hotel Orange County

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

Was looking for a cheap hotel (2 rooms, 4 people) to stay at after flying in late Tuesday night to SNA and heading to Catalina Island the next morning. This will serve the purpose.

The thing I am disgusted about after reading tripadvisor reviews is that they are going to charge $15/night for parking and from what I can tell there aren't really any other alternatives.

Bidding went:

Yesterday:

3.5*

$40 Costa Mesa -> Rejected

$42 Costa + Seal -> Rejected

3*

$38 Costa + Seal -> Rejected

$41 Costa, Seal, NP-Hunt ->Rejected

Today:

3.5*

$45 Costa -> Rejected

$48 Costa + Seal ->Rejected

3*

$45 Costa -> ACCEPTED

Used your PRICELINE link as always!

I too had booked, on 2 occasions 2.5* hotels in Costa Mesa, only to be "upgraded" to 3*, both of which nickel and dimed me for just about anything, parking the worst. I ended up parking in a residential area and walked 10 minutes. Now I just book on my own. I recently booked a LaQuinta with free breakfast for a AAA rate of $44.00. I think a lot of these hotels use PRICELINE because they know when people book directly and find out about those fees they don't book it.

Congratulations on your win!

Sorry to hear you're upset regarding the parking charge, which isn't that uncommon in this area (i just checked the Hilton Costa Mesa and they charge $20/nite (or $27 for valet))

As you needed two rooms not sure if you will all be arriving in one car, but if arriving in two cars you can always unload both cars, then park one i a remote location where you can park for free or for less, then just pick up the car right before you need it the following day (or on your way out of town if all the passengers and luggage can fit in one car for a short time period)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]