Priceline Hotel: NYC 4* Hotel bookings

JC_Derby
By JC_Derby,
in

Welcome to the site.

It's not that Times Square isn't a nice area; it's simply that it is overly crowded and touristy. If you can get a good deal there, then great, but I just wouldn't recommend anyone "focus" their attempts to get a hotel in that area. It is arguably one of the most "talked about" areas of the city, but New York City has so much more to offer in other areas. MTE and other areas also tend to offer somewhat more reasonable hotel prices.

I'm not sure what you're doing incorrectly, but I would stop bidding, as I'm seeing better prices than what you've bid. HOTWIRE has, for example, a 3.5* in the Times Square/Theatre District area for $122 - the amenities are: boutique, free breakfast, pool, business, spa. This would be a possible match for the Room-Mate Grace, and - while not a 4* - would be a well-reviewed boutique property with free breakfast. Additionally, the savings in comparison to what the 4*'s on HOTWIRE are costing for these dates could go towards other costs (meals, etc.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this idea is of interest.

I, personally, would not want to split a 5 night bid in any large city, especially New York. With the HOTWIRE offer you have a very good solution. Keep that in mind if your future bidding does not go the way you want. Remember that Hotwire offers are sometimes present only for a few hours, but other times for days. So if you see something you like, don't hesitate as it may not be there tomorrow.

Remember to start all your bids here with the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, even if you later find a hotel you want to book directly, as there are links for those chains, also in the support page. It is an easy way to help this website. They are so helpful here.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]