Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

lettezilla
By lettezilla,
in

Hi everyone,

I've visited this site in the past on the recommendation of a friend, but didn't need to book anything then. The NYT article recently reminded me of how helpful this forum can be (I can only imagine how much traffic you must be getting, congrats!), so I thought I would pop in. I've read quite a few of the general starting threads including the re-bidding explained, and *think* I know what I need to do, but wanted to run it by you experts if you don't mind too much.

We're going to be in NYC for the weekend of 5-8-5/10. We're not going to be doing touristy stuff much, so lean towards the Downtown/Financial District/Soho area, but anywhere south of the park would be great. Don't need anything fancy but don't want to even worry about how clean a place is going to be. I can find a lot of places for that weekend for $140-$150 range on transparent sites, if I could get down to $100 I would be happy although will happily take advice.

I'm thinking of starting out looking for 4*, going down to a 3.5* if I run through the options unsuccessfully. I believe this gives me 5 re-bid zones at the start, and then another 3 at the 3.5 level? (although I know I need to check every time I go through the process to make sure nothing has added-- I really don't want to end up staying in Long Island City, for example!)

I found this from another post...

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and user our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and user our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone5...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $160

Would this process work starting with Downtown and adding other relevant zones? One thing I haven't read is why the browser close every 5 bids? If I bugger it up, is that when I get locked out for 72 hours, or will it just not let me try that combination?

Any advice for a starting price welcome as well...I will of course use the PRICELINE link at the top of every page! Thanks in advance, sorry for the novel.

• 3 weeks later...

Room Cost: $105/night

I wasn't too worried about which area we were in, just wanted a clean decent room at a decent price. Started with bidding on 4* downtown with a pretty lowball bid, worked my way up through the rebid zones to about $120 before stopping and having my husband log on and start the process again with 3.5*, got this on the second zone added.

Main complaint on Trip Advisor seems to small rooms, but I don't expect that to bother me as I really only want it as a place to crash and shower.

Additional note for a point of data-- I was considering adding a night, so tried the "add a night" button on the website, and they offered me the same hotel for $190/night for the night of 5/7. No thanks...

I, of course, used the PRICELINE link from this site, and want to say thanks for all the help!

Most of the formerly Boutique Hotels in NYC have smallish rooms. I've stayed here on 2 occasions and have been more than pleased with the accommodations. The king sized beds are huge and VERY comfortable, but yes the bathroom is pretty small and there is very little "common area". Good location and a GREAT hotel bar.

Enjoy your stay!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you're happy with the results and received a nice deal at this property. The rooms here are indeed notoriously small, but if you're looking for a clean place to sleep and shower along with a convenient location, it should satisfiy your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hudson is not bad for one or two people. Hallways are gloomy but the lobby area and the bar was really nice. Also, the diner across the street is a great place to go for a decent meal that won't break the bank. Can't say enough about the location. My wife and I walked to a broadway show from here with no issues. Also, there is a subway station right on the corner of the Time Warner building that can get you pretty much anywhere you need to go for cheap.

Hope this helps!

We are coming back in July of this year but are acutally bringing our kids and staying in Jersey City instead because of room size concerns.

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]