Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Westin Waterfront

bcck
By bcck,
in

Please help me with a bidding strategy for a Boston trip. Thank you in advance for your help.

We are looking for 3 nights in Boston from 7/15-7/18. We would like to stay at whichever area that has great access to the T. So I guess that would be Cambridge, Copley Square, Quincy Market, or Waterfront? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :) A 3 star or at least 2.5 star would work best for us. Our budget maximum is $80 per night.

Please let me know if I've posted enough info. This is my first time posting here! Thanks again!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Since you don't know which hotel you will receive and therefor also not know the precise location, it's difficult to say which area will and you closest to a T stop. Generally speaking, the Copley Square and Quincy Market are more centrally located and will have a great chance of being near different T lines... after that it's a toss-up between Cambridge and Waterfront.

However, at the moment i think your budget may fall a little short, but we can give it a try and see how it goes... did you want to try all four zones OR just start with Copley Square and Quincy Market? Also, how many rooms and guests are you looking for?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the swift reply!

We are looking for just one room that accommodates two people. I may need to clarify what I mean by "great access to the T." As long as the T station is within 5-7 blocks, I'm okay with it. (Because I am traveling with my mom, she may not be able to walk more than that for public transportation. :)

I am willing to try all 4 zones.

I checked Hotwire yesterday and saw there they have a 3* in Cambridge for $99 for my dates of traveling. (I think it's the Holiday Inn Express, since the only amenity shown is Complimentary Breakfast.) With that in mind I'm willing to roll the dice on a lower price at priceline for 3*s.

Thanks again for the help!

I may need to clarify what I mean by "great access to the T." As long as the T station is within 5-7 blocks, I'm okay with it. (Because I am traveling with my mom, she may not be able to walk more than that for public transportation. :)
There is no way to search for a hotel "within 7 blocks of a T Station", you can only choose the zone(s) as defined by PRICELINE and your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone.

If you're not willing to accept the conditions of PRICELINE then HOTWIRE may be a better option if you're able to take an educated guess as to the property you will receive, and therefore have an eduated guess as to the location and distance to the nearest T station.

Also, keep in mind that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE each use different criteria for rating hotels (with HOTWIRE often being a bit more 'generous' at times) and if correct that the HOTWIRE offering is the Holiday Inn Express, note that PRICELINE rates this property 2.5*, so not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

With all of the caveats duly noted, if you want to give a go anyway, at the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Copley and Quincy...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Cambridge and Waterfront

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Cambridge...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Quincy and Waterfront

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Cambridge and Quincy...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Waterfront

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Quincy and Waterfront...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Quincy and Cambrdige...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Quincy and Waterfront and Cambridge...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100 (or $99 if you so desire)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid a couple of times up to $90 for a 3* hotel, according to your instructions. Nothing came up. So I decided to stretch my budget a bit to go with a 4*. The re-bid zones worked great. I ended up with The Westin Boston Waterfront for $98/night. (And of course, I used the link posted here to access PRICELINE.)

Loving the result! It's a really nice hotel with the T station right across the street.

This forum is awesome!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and were able to get a 4* hotel within your originally stated budget.

I've stayed at this property and it's very nice... "downtown" isn't too far of a walk if you enjoy walking, the T-stop is halfway over the bridge infront of the hotel (if you arrive by T be sure to go UPSTAIRS to avoid a circuitous route), and they also offer limited scheduled shuttle service (may only be weekday, i don't remember) to Quincy Market which you can use to get to that area.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]