Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Sheraton Manhattan

Disney Fan
By Disney Fan,
in

Newbie here. Glad to have found this most helpful site. I've been using it for the past 2 weeks and always use your links for checking prices.

My family of 4 want to take a trip into NYC and do it on a fairly tight budget. We want it to be nice too of course, so using HOTWIRE to save some $ is a great option.

I don't want to make a big mistake with our hotel so I tought I'd run this by you.

I've found a 3 1/2 star Midtown Central for $115 ( that's $141.22 Canadian) on July 19th -22.

Smoke free

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Inernet

I think it's a good price for the area and because we are 4 people. It didn't really matter where we were located but I want it to be safe, clean, smoke free and not too far out of the way. Do you think it's one of the Sheratons and is it a good choice for us? Any help at all would make me feel better before I jump on board.

Thanks, Elisa.

I just checked the Sheraton Manhattan Website and put in our dates but it came back saying that we exceed the maximum number of people to a room. Even the 2 double beds. If the Hotwire hotel I choose is the Sheraton, could they end up charging me extra for the 2 extra people? Or is the price Hotwire gives, the full price no matter what?

Welcome to the site. :)

If you search for 2 adults and 2 children and that hotel option appears and is able to be booked, then there should be no issue. Your final total on HOTWIRE should be your final total. This would appear to be the Sheraton.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know if you have any questions.

We finally took the plunge and got the 3 1/2 star Sheratan Manhattan for July 19-22 for $115 for our family of 4.

The amenities were:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

Business Center

Smoke free rooms

Thank you betterbidding.com for all of your help. I will definately use you again! And to all of those who view this... make sure to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links at the top of the page to make your reservations. It's the least we can do for all of the wonderful information we get.

Elisa

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you found something which meets your family's needs and budget.

Two "cheap eats" suggestions near this hotel:

Chicken and Rice Food Cart: the line starts forming at ~7:30pm and stays constant throughout the nite (they start serving at 7:30pm and stop at about 4am. Get a $6 platter (also avaialble is chicken and lamb combo), add some white sauce, and if you're daring just a dab of hot sauce (which i've come to love)... take back to your room or sit on the nearby benches to enjoy. Not the best meal you'll have in NYC, but probably the best $6 meal you'll have :) (NOTE: not sure of the age of your kids, but may not be enjoyable for them if they're young)

NYC FOOD CART: 53rd and Sixth

John's Pizza: 44th St between Seventh and Eight Ave. Good pizza in a nice environment as it's an old converted church so there are high ceilings and 'open kitchen' pizza stations which you can watch them make pizza while you wait for yours to cook. Stick with the pizza (and the Pete's-A-Rolls if those sound interesting to you) for an inexpensive (by NYC standards) meal.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- although not listed as an amenity, this property has a Pool (not very common for NYC) so bring the suits if your kids (or you) would like to swim or cool off after a summer day in NYC

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I booked my Sheraton Manhattan ( 3 1/2 star for $115 per night) with HOTWIRE, I took a page shot of it for my own reference and security. Now I'm wondering why I didn't get any email confirmation from them with my booking details. Is it just not their policy to do that for all of their customers? Has anyone else received theirs?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]