Hotwire Hotel: 3* Colorado Springs (North) Residence Inn

meggieprice
By meggieprice,
in

Boy- I sure seem to be traveling a lot this year!

We are headed to a family wedding in C. Springs - we as the photographers and a passel of others to attend. Everyone is so impressed with my luck with Hotwire that I have been asked to book hotels for everyone.

Starting with our dates- I put in May 27th- June 2nd and I see three hotels I would love help identifying- 3.5 star near world arena for $49 , a 3 star in North C. Springs for $46, and a 2 1/2 star in North C. Springs for $49.

Any help you could give, even if only the possible ids, would be so appreciated- my Dad lives in C. Springs and is counting on me for help.

Thanks!!!

On your HOTWIRE search how many rooms, adults, children are you including in your search... and what are the amenities associated with each property?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I started with just one room for two- for us. We have a few more days,

The 3 1/2 star near worl arena is

Smoke Free Rooms

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

The 3 star North C. Springs is

Smoke Free Rooms

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

The 2 1/2 star N. C.Springs has

Suite

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Kitchenette

And I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!

The Crowne Plaza appears to be a match -- I've stayed there via HOTWIRE / PRICELINE. In the South/World Arena Zone, one great thing is that you have lots of restaurants and shopping, even movie theater complex very nearby. CP was just converted froma dingy Sheraton...so rooms really nice.

One word of caution -- booking multiple rooms may restrict inventory. You may get the same property for say 3 rooms, then go to rebook another 2 and the inventory may not be there. Sometimes you can call the property and negotiate something but keep this in mind if you need 4+ rooms.

Good luck.

Thank you!

It will be one room for six nights, then probably three for another amount of time, and my Dad will do his wife's relatives separately.

Another question- I was guiding my Dad through the Hotwire process over the phone (an interesting task as he is 87 and though basically tech savvy not nearly as much as I am) and the three star north C. Springs had the addition of a business center and was $59 while I put in identical parameters and showe it w/o business center and for $49. Is that unusual?

I was able to explain to him that nothing is guaranteed with HOTWIRE and that you buy the hotel before you are given the name but that if it is the right area on the map then you know you have three stars and can be guaranteed a basic level of quality.

As thereuare clarified, you can book multiple rooms in quantity on HOTWIRE. What I especially meant was that the rate/availability may be there for a set number of rooms or as of different days, so that separate transactions (even around the same time) may net different hotels. I.E. some hotels may cap the number of rooms per transaction or stay length. You just want to be sure that the amenities match when you do your multiple searches before buying.

Per your question, the change in amenities could represent a different hotel based on search parameters (number of nights, number of rooms etc) or available inventory or possibly Hotwire's ratings. The good thing about Colo Springs (I know it fairly well -- I'm in Denver) is that there is limited quantity of hotels that narrows down the ID of the property. I.E. if you did this in downtown Denver for a 4-star property, the 6-night reservation could be at the Hyatt Regency and the 3 shorter reservations could be at the Grand Hyatt because both show the same Hotwire amenity icons. Also when the reservations are done separately, there could be a cap to Hotwire's inventory remaining -- and possibly after you get 2 rooms, no more of same hotel showing (again pretty unlikely for the Springs).

So just make sure that the amenity icons are a 100% match for a specific property based in 3-nights (3 rooms) and 6-nights (1 room), that's all I'm saying. One way around this -- and it's financially a pain because you have to get everyone's $$$ afterwards -- is to book 4 rooms for 3 nights as that way you know 100% you have the same hotel. Then do a separate purchase for your Dad's room for the additional 3 nights and hope that you get the same hotel based on Hotwire amenity list (if worse comes to worse, the 3-star North hotels aren't horribly far apart and you end up in 1 hotel for 3 nights apiece).

Sounds like you're totally on the right track and I wish you and your Dad the best.

PS Just be sure to remind your Dad to begin his purchase through the Better Bidding HOTWIRE link.

Could be a few things...

For some hotels HOTWIRE uses multiple amenity combinations, sometimes dropping a few/some amenity icons... so it's possibly the same hotel with a different set of amenity icons OR it could have been different hotels offered to each of you.

As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel in each zone at each star level, so you're if these are different hotels, one user wouldn't be offered both on the same search.

Lastly, HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up so that the $43/nite hotel isn't always HotelA while the $47/nite hotel is always HotelB, so the rate change could be the differnce in the mark-up applied to the HOTWIRE rate.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well so far i Booked our six night stay thinking it would be the Hyatt Place but got the Residence Inn (Marriott) instead. The family is discussing what they want to do as the Residence Inn is not what we would call North C. Springs at all and is much farther away fron where we hoped to be.

As soon as they decide I will complete everything and report it here. Using links of course!

Sorry to hear you received a hotel you weren't expecting.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the price per nite (before fees and taxes), dates, and amenities shown before your purchase of the Residence Inn.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello- I think we will be ok though, just as I feared, I booked the same price, same star level, and same amenities for the rest of my family and naturally got a different hotel!

Here are the specs-

May 27th -June 2nd 3 Star Hotel North C. Springs $49 a night

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Residence Inn

and three rooms for May 28th - June 1st3 Star Hotel North C. Springs $49 a night

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Hyatt Summerfield SUites

Interestingly- neither is the Hyatt Place lol!

You cannot beat the price though- they all have kitchens, buffet breakfast, etc. Hopefullu not too far from one another.

Use the HOTWIRE link for both and am about to book a hotel in New Jersey and another in Vegas using the links....

Thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry to hear you received a different property on the remaining nite of your purchase, but glad to hear that you'll be able to make this work for your plans.

Can you please add your Summerfield Suites purchase to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when scanning the topic title and also so we can enable it to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks! If you need help with NJ or Vegas feel free to ask for help (if you haven't already)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy yoru stay.

meggieprice

Interestingly- neither is the Hyatt Place lol!

I can shine some light over this. If you look at my post for the ID's i did to you. Is Hyatt Place associated with the smoke free rooms icon. And neither of the amenitie combos that you booked got the "smoke free" icon. So it's not strange that you got another hotel. I did a new search today to double check this and the Hyatt Place is still there with the "smoke free" icon.

And if you change any parameters in your search, like the May 28th - June 1st stay, is it better to have the ID re-comfirmed. Since the hotel for the May 28th - June 1st stay don't match the Hyatt Place. I don't know when you booked the hotels but when looking at the dates for your posts is it "pretty far" between the ID and booking date. The window of time is also a factor to consider when using a HOTWIRE ID. Everyting can change at any time.

I hope this information is useful for you in the future when using HOTWIRE. Have a pleasant stay and a fun wedding :)

Yellowdog.

• 4 weeks later...

We arrived st the Residence Inn today and at first felt happy with the room. I need a pool physical therapy each day to keep the pian level in my legs manageable and their pool at first seemed great- good temperature, not too much chlorine, and a nice depth. However, the two ladders in to the pool have only two rungs that are so high on the ladder thst you need to lift your knee very very high and pull yourself up and I cannot reach the rung. I had to have my son give me a leg up and then raised myself eith difficulty up to sitting on the side- then had to kneel on my injured knees, which cause s lot of pain today. I cannot , and should not have to use them. I now face not being able to do my vital therapy unless I can move to abnother hotel with a pool I can actually get into and out of but with Hotwire being -prepaid and nonrefundable I cant afford to pay again.

Does anyone know if there is any point to contacting them and asking them to help?

You can try contacting HOTWIRE to see what they say, but they're under no obligation to do anything since your pool needs are specific to your situation and the hotel does meet all the representations and amenities which were shown before your purchase.

If they do agree to do anything, they're not going to move you to another hotel, it would be treated as a refund on the remaining nites and a new purchase, so you may at least want to look at your options in the area before contacting them.

Yes- I am doing that- and honestly mauy have to bite the financial bullet as using the pool is vital and necessary to my daily pain level. I am hoping they can see I am a customer worth helping.

I did a search for 5-28 to 6-2 to see what is out there and up came a three and a half star in North C. SPrings- have you any idea what it is? I don't see it on the list.

What are the amenities associated wth the property?

I'd call HOTWIRE ASAP as it's already past 'official' check-out time of the current hotel and if HOTWIRE is going to do anything (which i don't know if they will) it will be more difficult to do so at 8pm tonite unless you're looking to stay at the Residence Inn an extra nite.

Another option is to inquire if there is a pool nearby (at a local fitness center or YMCA) where you might be able to purchase an affordabel daily/weekly pass to use their facilities.

Just to let you know Hotwire asked me to call them but we simply had no time to move during this working vacation. The Residence did give me a two step step stool which I was able to climb to reach the pool ladder with my families help.

I think they were fixing the ladders the day we left.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]